TV Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the exact type of comment Deathly mentioned above.

Why do you care about the ratings of a professional wrestling company?

The only thing related to ratings that I care about is wrestling companies focusing on themselves to improve their own product. Counter-programming one another makes it more difficult as a wrestling fan to enjoy and consume as much content live as I would like. Both Tony Khan & Vince McMahon need to focus on their own programming rather than "extending" longer versions of shows OR putting live "buy in" content onto YouTube.

Coz more ratings equals dollars. More dollars equals a better product. A better product equals a better viewing experience.

Coz more ratings equals dollars. More dollars equals a better product. A better product equals a better viewing experience.

The curent TNT/TBS contract goes until the end of 2023.

The weekly rants about how 320,000 people in the DEMO have no significance on the overall contract. It just makes individuals look like Fanbois because they repeat the same lines as TK, Jericho & the wrestling journalists.

Whether 320,000 people aged 18-49 in the US or 350,000 people aged 18-49 in the US watched a match doesn't make it a better viewing experience for anyone.

Wrestling isn't consumed like it used to be anymore, so why do you guys give a sh*t about American cable numbers in 2021. Do you guys live there, or own stocks in either company?

General Giant desperate for the new Wrestling wars to happen.

It's never going to happen, different times.

Hardly.
Just very amused at the responses by some, especially the what aboutisms.

You hate the E and love AEW fair enough, not everyone around here has a side.

I like E more the AEW, I have plenty I like and don't like about both companies.

The bias behind every post from you is becoming painful it's like reading something from Meltzer.

More dollars equals a better product?

You must LOVE the Crown Jewel shows then.

I tried looking for that what did they make from that show?

You hate the E and love AEW fair enough, not everyone around here has a side.

I like E more the AEW, I have plenty I like and don't like about both companies.

The bias behind every post from you is becoming painful it's like reading something from Meltzer.
Then put me on ignore if you think that.
At least I’m honest in my comments. Unlike some.

Edit. As an aside I don’t hate “the E” (🤣🤦‍♂️) , I’m not a fan of most of their stuff at the moment. Though Bloodlines is mostly good.
Lol Meltzer? 🙄

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

General Giant desperate for the new Wrestling wars to happen.

It's never going to happen, different times.

Well there is already a war for talent. And WWE ruined NXT completely trying to sabotage Dynamite right out of the gate and as recently as a week and a half ago did things to try and hurt Rampage. It's not what it was in the late 90's but there is back and forth going on. Allbeit with a lot less viewers.

I'm not saying I support or agree with any of it either or that I think it's worthwhile from both sides. But it's there for all to see.

It doesn't help with other sports on but I don't think that ever going to change but it has been a bit disappointing that AEW didn't strike while the iron was hot with Punk, Bryan and Cole debuting. Numbers seem to have slightly decreased not increased not long after their debuts. Maybe its a reflection of Punk having mid card matches with weird choices rather than going into a programme with a top star to get more eyes on it early to make an impact.

Tongue in cheek comment but it seems as though Angela is a bigger draw than a Bryan match or Cody Rhodes these days ;)

AEW put out a decent show this week aside from the main event result but the Smackdown replay looks like it hurt it a bit which is a surprise because that SD ep was one of the worst in a while.

Rampage needs to move to before Smackdown.

But I could be wrong and TNT could be happy with that number for 10pm Friday’s.

For a Friday night at that time isn't to bad, the early Dynamite rating being below a Smackdown replay is the worrying one. They will be happy to get Wednesday Nights back.

Well the numbers improved with the arrival of Punk and have now dipped. His run has been lackluster. Should have gone into a big program straight up get the eyes on it straight away

I don’t think so. I like having a slow build for Punk and a different route to Danielson.
There’s no harm in having him near the midcard while there’s so many in the main event seen at this stage. I’m sure he’ll eventually have a run near the top anyway.

“When Scott Hall and Kevin Nash came in (WCW), we took off . Punk, you came in (AEW and you s**t the bed, in terms of ratings. It ain’t there and there’s nothing in reality to suggest otherwise.” - Eric Bischoff (via 83 Weeks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back