TV Rights (EPL, CL and EL on Optus. League Cup on BeINSports. FA Cup on ESPN)

Remove this Banner Ad

Fwoy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
I don’t Chromecast, but Apple TV4K was fine. Perhaps not as sharp as it’s been recently, but still very watchable. Kayo was a bit up and down for me though. Trying to watch the GF replay and it just wouldn’t ramp up to anything close to HD for long periods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fwoy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
”At the same time today Optus announced they would be the first to live stream in 4K with the Euro 2020 football championship being broadcast on Optus Sport in 4K.
Later in 2020 selected English Premier League and Champions League games would also be available in 4K. However that higher definition stream would only work if you are connected to the Optus 5G network. “

https://www.9news.com.au/technology...r-league/6f3d070f-cff9-4ed5-9901-20bca5299248

Big news, but at the same time, a big risk to test on another major sporting event...

TommyD13

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Adelaide United - Southampton
Is there any chance that there will be a FTA or Foxtel pick up one or two Premier League games next year, or is this wishful thinking?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Is there any chance that there will be a FTA or Foxtel pick up one or two Premier League games next year, or is this wishful thinking?
I think Optus's exclusivity on the EPL is for the next 3 years. There might be some Euro 2020 games on free to air. I don't believe Fox will ever get the rights back as they're devoting their money and resources to AFL, Cricket and Rugby League.

RPCB

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Hope Optus keep the EPL for a while yet, they have an amazing product.
Except for some first season blues and the World Cup debacle on Optus, they have been just amazing. Every Premier League, CL, Europa Cup, Euro 2020 Qualifier, Euro 2020, World Cup qualifier and World Cup game is amazing. To go from watching a CL game in the 100,000 capacity Nou Camp and then watching a Euro 2020 game played between Kazakhstan and San Marino is amazing. Optus have given us full access to football teams we would otherwise never have a chance of watching.

Doctor Colossus

Happy to meet
Oct 1, 2007
Death Mountain
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Storm-Man Utd-Heart-Luton-Patriots
Except for some first season blues and the World Cup debacle on Optus, they have been just amazing. Every Premier League, CL, Europa Cup, Euro 2020 Qualifier, Euro 2020, World Cup qualifier and World Cup game is amazing. To go from watching a CL game in the 100,000 capacity Nou Camp and then watching a Euro 2020 game played between Kazakhstan and San Marino is amazing. Optus have given us full access to football teams we would otherwise never have a chance of watching.
Didn't beIN have the UCL and Euro qualifiers? And when not them they were on ESPN on Foxtel so having access to these games isn't new.

RossFC

May 23, 2012
Alberton Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Is it disclosed anywhere how much the rights get bought for each competition? I'd be interested to know how much the 2 domestic cups + Championship level football would cost to air in Australia.

Top Bottom