TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

Shocking news, I guess Fox wanted to put all their resources into the NRL rights, after paying overs for the AFL.

This is going to hurt the A-League too, I like the A-League but it's not worth it when Fox have lost Spanish, English and European football as well as the Big Bash in the last few years.

Although I guess it might force a few of the eurosnob "football fans" to actually go to the A-League and support their local team rather than a mob of overpaid pretty boys playing in a stadium they've never been to in a city they'll probably never visit.

I'm with Optus as my internet provider, so does this mean all I need to do is get this fetch s**t for an extra $15 and then on top of that it will be an extra $ 15 to watch the epl to Optus can recoup their losses I have read, looks like I might be going for a few free upgrades or a reduced cost with Foxtel for providing an inferior product and try and get this fetch s**t for free by threatening to take my buisness elsewhere.
Anyway, epl live viewing is on a part time basis from the start of October to the start of April anyway due to daylight savings in those states.

PS: $15 per month by the way and $15 extra for epl per month.

Shocking news, I guess Fox wanted to put all their resources into the NRL rights, after paying overs for the AFL.

This is going to hurt the A-League too, I like the A-League but it's not worth it when Fox have lost Spanish, English and European football as well as the Big Bash in the last few years.

Although I guess it might force a few of the eurosnob "football fans" to actually go to the A-League and support their local team rather than a mob of overpaid pretty boys playing in a stadium they've never been to in a city they'll probably never visit.

Says the bloke who supports Arsenal.

Mine rarely does! And I'm with TPG, it's a miracle

Maybe you use a good site then, whenever I watch a stream, whether on my laptop, at a mate's, or whatever, it's always terrible. Almost worse than not watching.

I hope to god they offer a EPL subscription service.

No clucking way am I joining an optus mobile or broadband service.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As someone who pays for the EPL on demand Foxtel subscription this pleases me a little as that product is terrible, always playback issues, poor quality and illegal streams are always better.

I would imagine Optus will go with something similar to a Netflix subscription service or will dangle the carrot for people to move on over to Optus for mobile and broadband whilst offering a discounted rate for the EPL and the fetch TV thing. Fox sports is going to lose a lot of customers from this. Would not be surprised to see Optus join in the bidding for A League rights now too, especially as they''ll look at partnering it with the Asian market they currently broadcast the EPL in to.

Maybe you use a good site then, whenever I watch a stream, whether on my laptop, at a mate's, or whatever, it's always terrible. Almost worse than not watching.
Dodgy streams yes. But my premierleague pass is perfect every time

When i want to watch a game for free that is not on foxtel and is only on BeIn, ie: capital one cup, i stream through [a dodgy illegal stream!], just got to click on full screen and the message " you cant view this " goes away, i watched Everton v Norwich the other morning doing this, also watched the Europa League last season this way when wanting to watch Everton.

Last edited by a moderator:
Id wait for a bit more info before the melts.

havent foxtel already given us enough reasons?

they overpay for afl so everything else people enjoy must be stripped away? for something pushing the sports central ideal like they do, losing all their decent football coverage is a massive kick in the dick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back