TV Rights

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Is it disclosed anywhere how much the rights get bought for each competition? I'd be interested to know how much the 2 domestic cups + Championship level football would cost to air in Australia.
The League Cup + Championship comes all as one as a Football League Package that has access to LC/Championship/L1/L2 matches

I don't believe a bidder can pick and choose what competitions they want to show

I haven't seen a League 2 match broadcasted yet this season on beIN, get probably 3 Championship games a round, and 1 League One match every couple of weeks, I'd imagine most of the Playoff matches will be shown though.

The League Cup + Championship comes all as one as a Football League Package that has access to LC/Championship/L1/L2 matches

I don't believe a bidder can pick and choose what competitions they want to show

I haven't seen a League 2 match broadcasted yet this season on beIN, get probably 3 Championship games a round, and 1 League One match every couple of weeks, I'd imagine most of the Playoff matches will be shown though.

Were Championship matches being shown early last season on BeIN? I remember the early rounds of the league cup were not on TV in Australia.

Were Championship matches being shown early last season on BeIN? I remember the early rounds of the league cup were not on TV in Australia.

Championship has been shown on Setanta/Bein for years.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Optus was full of women's football this morning, I have no desire to watch it. There was no highlights of the Euro qualifiers until late in the morning, Raise your game optus.

Optus was full of women's football this morning, I have no desire to watch it. There was no highlights of the Euro qualifiers until late in the morning, Raise your game optus.

You do know there are multiple channels and everything is on demand?

Kompany

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Any other Optus subscribers getting the following message?

Oops!Sorry, you are unable to access this content. If you believe this is an error, please contact Optus Sport Support.

I'm getting this quite regularly in the middle of watching something. Then it takes me back to the beginning of what I was watching. A bit annoying. I contacted them but didn't hear back.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
You do know there are multiple channels and everything is on demand?

Mini matches and highlights of Euro qualifiers, Champs league and Premier league games are usually available quite soon after the games. In this case they were delayed several hours but there were heaps of women's games - as though that's where Optus put their resources. Hopefully it was just a one off to promote the rights deal.

Mini matches and highlights of Euro qualifiers, Champs league and Premier league games are usually available quite soon after the games. In this case they were delayed several hours but there were heaps of women's games - as though that's where Optus put their resources. Hopefully it was just a one off to promote the rights deal.

Right..

Nothing. But it shouldn't be prioritised over the games that we signed up on Optus to watch.
Some people signed up to watch it.

You continue to ignore the fact it's all on demand on the app so what's on a particular channel is irrelevant other than to give you an opportunity to act like a manbaby.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Some people signed up to watch it.

You continue to ignore the fact it's all on demand on the app so what's on a particular channel is irrelevant other than to give you an opportunity to act like a manbaby.

What part of on demand but not available because they prioritised the women's games did you not understand?

Do you not know what not available means?

Are you seriously so insecure that you think women's football caused them to delay making the on demand content available just to promote the women's game? Are you that pathetic?

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Are you seriously so insecure that you think women's football caused them to delay making the on demand content available just to promote the women's game? Are you that pathetic?

What strangely abusive comments you resort to so quickly. Welcome to ignore.

Back