TV Rights

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Optus has 2 games a week from the k-league. All the rest (maybe all of them?) are apparently on youtube and twitter

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Optus has 2 games a week from the k-league. All the rest (maybe all of them?) are apparently on youtube and twitter

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

J League shouldn't be too far away, they have kept Coronavirus down to 15k cases which is a pretty good result for Japan compared to European nations.

J League shouldn't be too far away, they have kept Coronavirus down to 15k cases which is a pretty good result for Japan compared to European nations.
Japan, Korea and Taiwan have done an excellent job at stopping the virus.

And great to have live sport.

Just a question. Have finally subscribed to Optus Sports. It appears the replays for the PL are only kept for a week or two. Yet for CL I can still access back to late November. How’s this usually work? Bit surprised you can’t access all replays

TheExtractorFactor

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
New York Knicks/Football Giants
How the hell are you gonna call a program ‘goal rush’ and then arbitrarily only show half the goals that are scored? Absolutely pathetic.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Does anyone know whether Optus has been streaming free all week?

I've been relying on dodgy streams all week like an idiot, before this morning's attempts were completely unwatchable. I decided to see whether I could just subscribe to Optus for a month, and discovered that Barca vs Bayern is streaming for free.

Good idea though if Optus are offering free streams. Every other streaming service does, and in the middle of a pandemic where I don't have a job, I could see myself never turning the subscription off.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Does anyone know whether Optus has been streaming free all week?

I've been relying on dodgy streams all week like an idiot, before this morning's attempts were completely unwatchable. I decided to see whether I could just subscribe to Optus for a month, and discovered that Barca vs Bayern is streaming for free.

Good idea though if Optus are offering free streams. Every other streaming service does, and in the middle of a pandemic where I don't have a job, I could see myself never turning the subscription off.
I think they are having free streaming in Vic (if that relates to you), and I think they also may show a game for free every week (not sure though)

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I think they are having free streaming in Vic (if that relates to you), and I think they also may show a game for free every week (not sure though)

Right you are. You would've thought they might've promoted it!

Hell yes! Optus gives Victorians complimentary access to Optus Sport
07 August 2020, 02:45 PM

Feast on the UEFA Champions League tournament and fitness content on us

Locked down Victorians who don’t currently have an Optus Sport subscription will have complimentary access to Optus Sport from this weekend to enjoy the UEFA Champions League tournament plus access to premium health and fitness content through the Optus Sport app.

UEFA Champions League - the world’s premier continental football tournament - kicks off at 4.45am on Saturday morning.

“As Victoria enters tough lock down restrictions, we figure what better way to spend lockdown than enjoying the UEFA Champions League on us,” Optus Head of TV and Content, Corin Dimopoulos said.

“And if football isn’t your thing, people can also access Optus Sport app’s new OS Fitness content – meaning you can shake off some quarantine calories with a workout or two.”

Victorians will be eligible to watch all live UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, J-League and K-League matches on Optus Sport as well as the use OS Fitness until the 9th of September.

All you’ll need to do is download Optus Sport on your preferred platform and sit back and relax while you watch world’s leading football competition.

This week Optus Sport announced commentator Simon Hill – Australia’s voice of Football – will join its coverage of the UEFA Champions League and Europa League competitions this month.

One of the most respected voices in Australian sport, Hill will add his distinguished tone to the featured game on every matchday of the Champions League knockout stages, in addition to the finals of both European tournaments.

Joining Hill and host Richard Bayliss across the coverage will be former Socceroos Mark Schwarzer, John Aloisi, Craig Moore, Luke Wilkshire and Scott McDonald, along with former UEFA Champions League semi-finalist Michael Bridges, and Matildas legend Heather Garriock.

If you would prefer to burn fat, instead of burning the midnight oil feasting on the football, OS Fitness combines at home workouts from leading online fitness providers to deliver a variety of fun and effective video workouts that cater to a wide range of interests and fitness levels.

“If like me, you have been piling on iso weight, then our partners Flow Athletic and Fitness Playground, can whip you into shape with a range of fat-burning, yoga, dance, cardio, pilates and core strength sessions,” Mr Dimopoulos added.

Optus Sport is the only place to watch all remaining matches of the UEFA Champions League and forthcoming UEFA Europa League competitions live.

Watch Optus Sport on the big-screen via Fetch, Apple TV, Android TV compatible Smart TVs, LG Apple Airplay, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Xbox or desktop, or on-the-go via tablet, mobile, or laptop.

Simply download the Optus Sport app for your preferred operating system – iOS or Android.

Have they gotten rid of the Journos show? They used to have the show with Dion and Hutchinson on the Monday night (still have), the media pundits on the Tuesday night, and then the Analysis show on the Wednesday which seems to have shifted to Tuesday. That's a shame.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Have they gotten rid of the Journos show? They used to have the show with Dion and Hutchinson on the Monday night (still have), the media pundits on the Tuesday night, and then the Analysis show on the Wednesday which seems to have shifted to Tuesday. That's a shame.
Which show was that?

I am confused too.

I thought the "journos show" was separate to the ones you went on to describe haha.

Have definitely seen Hutchison floating around on shows.

Yeah like I said, the Dublin and Hutchinson show is still on there.. I was just describing the line up last year, with the only one missing being the Journos show.

Back