TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah Tuesday used to be Manish (sp?) with various journos (Maddock, Ornstein, Reddy etc). Not sure what happened to it. Was a decent show.

used to be:
Monday - weekend recap (Hutchinson/Dublin)
Tuesday - Journos
wednesday - Guest interview
Thursday - Analysis show with Phil Neville, Lee Dixon or Andy Townsend
Friday - Kelly and Wrighty show

Last edited:
Yeah Tuesday used to be Manish (sp?) with various journos (Maddox, Ornstein, Reddy etc). Not sure what happened to it. Was a decent show.

Yeah it's a shame if that's gone.

The journo show was titled 'the headline makers'. Seems like it has been boned. Bit of a bummer as I liked the show.

They made a fair old hullabaloo about signing Simon Hill, maybe they should get him to call 1-2 EPL games a weekend.

Has anyone who have been paying $14.99 per month for Optus Sport, managed to successfully get the new $99 annual subscription? If you did, did you have to use a different email address?
They told me I had to cancel my subscription, wait til subscription period is over then reapply for subscription selecting yearly option. I forgot to cancel before the end of my last subscription and as offer expires tomorrow got no option.

As for different emails would that matter as you have to pay through your Apple account?

So Kelly and Wrighty is more conversational rather than previews this year, moved to Thursday, and now we have The Weekend Preview on Fridays, and one of last year’s regular journos from the old Tuesday show is in the couch as part of the punditry with Savage and Hoddle

Last edited:
Does anyone think it's ironic that it's now cheaper to watch the Premier League on Optus (esp with their annual $99 season pass) than It is to watch the Championship and English Football League on Foxtel/Kayo ?
You are getting your nrl and afl with kayo though, you are now getting a lot more from optus than was originally the case, but its still less overall content.

Does anyone think it's ironic that it's now cheaper to watch the Premier League on Optus (esp with their annual $99 season pass) than It is to watch the Championship and English Football League on Foxtel/Kayo ?

It's definitely ironic I pay more for my iFollow pass.

You are getting your nrl and afl with kayo though, you are now getting a lot more from optus than was originally the case, but its still less overall content.

And
Basketball
Niche USA sports like hot dog eating and spelling bee
Cricket
Fox sports news
Euro football leagues
NFL
NHL
MLS

I'm certainly not shilling, having taken 3 years to sign up to Optus Sport - but just a reminder to everyone that the $99 season pass special (which includes next offseason's internationals) finishes today.

They've apparently ben advising people that it will cost $139 after the sale ends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When do the EPL rights come up again in Australia? Is it next year?

Don't think they're going anywhere other than Optus. Only alternative I could imagine is someone like Netflix or Stan making a big play, or Amazon getting global rights.

PL clubs agree to make non-televised games available on UK PPV.

One game costs £15.95. One month of Netflix is £8. Not to mention the non-televised games are more likely to be the less exciting games.

If they lower the price the idea might work.

Last edited:
And they wonder why more and more are using streaming services.

I pay £14 a month to watch any game I want, any channel in the world and any movie.

And they want more than that per match.

When they say their priority is getting fans back into football grounds safely they mean to say getting their wallets into football grounds safely. They couldn't give a toss if fans came along or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back