TV Rights

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
I had a crack with family in the UK tonight getting Optus Sport going via VPN, no dice.

dude, forget VPNs. Use a Smart DNS proxy server. Easy to set up with instructions on the websites. I can vouch for both these services.

www.getflix.com.au
www.dns4me.net <- this one can be set up in 3 different locations, so u can control it from here if necessary

free trials available, so if it’s all too hard, just cancel before trial is up.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
dude, forget VPNs. Use a Smart DNS proxy server.

938987.jpg

I'm interested in upgrading my 28.8 kilobaud internet connection to a 1.5 megabit fiber optic T1 line. Will you be able to provide an IP router that's compatible with my token ring ethernet LAN configuration?

5fc9WS9nKY_ceUh6zwzqkx9Ga3g=.gif

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Women's fa cup final (Everton & Man C) will be on optus sport at 120am on Monday

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Just need Optus to secure A League / Socceroos than I can get rid of foxtel for good.
Kayo and fetch are a good mix for a reasonable price (you can add binge if you wish for a bonus). Don't worry the aleague will likely be off fox sports by June

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Kayo and fetch are a good mix for a reasonable price (you can add binge if you wish for a bonus). Don't worry the aleague will likely be off fox sports by June

I get afl on my telstra account included + plenty of fta afl coverage.

Would sign up for beinconnect and cancel foxtel altogether if Optus got the rights.

I get afl on my telstra account included + plenty of fta afl coverage.

Would sign up for beinconnect and cancel foxtel altogether if Optus got the rights.

Isn't that just on your phone though?

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Not an Optus thing but the coverage of the game is really starting to annoy me this season. Too many replays or random shots of players/managers when there is action on the pitch.

A number of times last night, while we were watching replays of something a free kick had been awarded in a dangerous areas or the ball had gone from one end to the other and the attacking team had a throw in. A couple of weeks ago they just cut away from a replay in time to see a Tottenham goal against United.
It is a simple thing, just show replays when the ball is out of action or if they have too show a brief 5 second replay. Some of these replays are lasting 30 seconds

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
Very happy now with Kayo + Optus Sports for $29.99 a month. Foxtel is now obsolete.

doesnt effect me as I’m not a big fan of either, but Stan has just taken Rugby Union as well as the French Open and Wimbledon from Foxtel for next year and launched the Stan Sport add-on to their accounts

Last edited:
doesnt effect me as I’m not a big fan of either, but Stan has just taken Rugby Union as well as the French Open and Wimbledon from Foxtel for next year and launched the Stan Spirt add-on to their accounts

So is that an extra subscription on top of normal Stan?

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
doesnt effect me as I’m not a big fan of either, but Stan has just taken Rugby Union as well as the French Open and Wimbledon from Foxtel for next year and launched the Stan Spirt add-on to their accounts
Yes, the sport package will be an additional cost. Will be interesting to see the cost and what other sports they will get. Foxtel didn't extend the afl rights, I heard some rumours that foxtel was now a lot more focused on extending those rights sooner rather then latter.

doesnt effect me as I’m not a big fan of either, but Stan has just taken Rugby Union as well as the French Open and Wimbledon from Foxtel for next year and launched the Stan Sport add-on to their accounts

They'd want a lot more than those three things to be charging extra.

Yes, the sport package will be an additional cost. Will be interesting to see the cost and what other sports they will get. Foxtel didn't extend the afl rights, I heard some rumours that foxtel was now a lot more focused on extending those rights sooner rather then latter.

The Foxtel/AFL rights are through to the end of 2024, and really no one else could come close to Foxtel for AFL and NRL, all these other sports pale in significant to the AFL and NRL viewership.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
They'd want a lot more than those three things to be charging extra.

The Foxtel/AFL rights are through to the end of 2024, and really no one else could come close to Foxtel for AFL and NRL, all these other sports pale in significant to the AFL and NRL viewership.
I thought afl was 2022, with seven extending to 2024. Nine also want the streaming rights to all nrl games off telstra for it/9now. Also nine have both the ashes and the Australian open which is ripe for stan to show atleast part of the coverage.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
could have said the same about Optus Sport being only “sokkah”, but if it has a market...
They did buy a lot of the leagues that a lot of your euro snobs would be intersted in, and they show all the games (champions league in particular). The one thing that annoys me with kayo is they only show a couple of games of the European leagues

Back