TV Rights

they’d need to take over production too.

They already have a studio team, would be easy enough to work out an arrangement to fund the camera crews, maybe as Zidane says as some sort of partnership with FTA.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
They already have a studio team, would be easy enough to work out an arrangement to fund the camera crews, maybe as Zidane says as some sort of partnership with FTA.

true, but with expansion comes the possibility of price increases. Pretty happy they didn’t slug us extra for UCL expansion

true, but with expansion comes the possibility of price increases. Pretty happy they didn’t slug us extra for UCL expansion

They should be financing the A-League rights through expansion into more pubs and public settings, since all their other rights are during the night or early hours, A-League is prime time. Barely any pubs out my way have it.

Jan 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, PAOK
Don't know if this is the right place to post this, so feel free to move it.

Watching Optus sport through my Fetch box and there is a delay of over a minute compared to when I watch on my phone. Did a bit of googling and there seems to be others with this problem but no obvious solution.

Just wondering if anyone here has encountered this problem and how they dealt with it. Is rebooting the fetch box worth a go to possibly re-sync it?

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
Don't know if this is the right place to post this, so feel free to move it.

Watching Optus sport through my Fetch box and there is a delay of over a minute compared to when I watch on my phone. Did a bit of googling and there seems to be others with this problem but no obvious solution.

Just wondering if anyone here has encountered this problem and how they dealt with it. Is rebooting the fetch box worth a go to possibly re-synch it?

no, Fetch runs slightly behind as it creates it’s on stream, to ensure the stability of the channel. This is why the World Cup was pretty much perfect on Fetch whilst it crapped out everywhere else.

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Year free preview trying to get people to pay more for something the isn't really worth it.
To each their own, but I'm a big fan of Bein; Bundesliga, Serie A, Championship etc.

Unrelated, but further evidence of fragmentation;

Plenty of talk that the Australian sporting market (particularly AFL) is too small for the FAANG's interest, but the purchase of the swimming trials indicates sporting rights for those companies are all about upselling (in this case Amazon Prime).

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
To each their own, but I'm a big fan of Bein; Bundesliga, Serie A, Championship etc.

Unrelated, but further evidence of fragmentation;

Plenty of talk that the Australian sporting market (particularly AFL) is too small for the FAANG's interest, but the purchase of the swimming trials indicates sporting rights for those companies are all about upselling (in this case Amazon Prime).
I also enjoy seeing those sports also, but as a general sports fan, bein on fetch isn't worth it as it the content is already on kayo (I would be very tempted if that content was ever removed from kayo).
It will be interesting to see how sports rights evolve. We have already seen kayo take off, to the extent watch afl has merged with kayo. It will be interesting to see the new/reactivated accounts at stan due to the sport section being added, can see it being considerable. Obviously this would be on the smaller side compared to if stan (or Amazon, optus sport, Netflix) would pick up an Aussie major like the Afl or Nrl . The international exposure for swimming aus would be considerable (more then seven could ever get.

The long term success of kayo as a stand alone product is linked to its continued access to the cricket in summer and both nrl and afl content. The drop off if they lost just one of the nrl or afl would he immense.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
I don't know about you guys, but 720p is starting to hurt my eyes on the Optus Sport website. Especially after experiencing 4K.
Yeah I get to watch the championship and FA cup and league cup On 4k and going back and watching the PL is tough. Might not help we aren't battering minnows too

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I was wondering when we might be getting the Nicaraguan league.

I am intrigued by the Arabian Gulf League and Serbian Rugby League.

Lol I rarely watch the Champions League until the semi final stages anyway. Not going to bother subscribing to this service, unless they somehow manage to pinch the rights to the A League.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I am intrigued by the Arabian Gulf League and Serbian Rugby League.

Lol I rarely watch the Champions League until the semi final stages anyway. Not going to bother subscribing to this service, unless they somehow manage to pinch the rights to the A League.

I deleted that post because I somehow read that paragraph wrong Lol.

I guess one who pays over $90 a month for Optus internet and phone can look at it as they are getting Optus Sport thrown in for no additional cost, so a $100/year spend for this service isn’t the end of the world but it still sucks.

Back