TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

It doesn't look like any of the major broadcasters are interested in the super league. To the extent they are publicly condemning it.

It doesn't look like any of the major broadcasters are interested in the super league. To the extent they are publicly condemning it.
Wait until it's actually a thing - broadcasters will be clamouring for the rights to it then (that is assuming that the ESL will actually happen).

But until it is, why risk burning any potential good will with UEFA/the FA/RFEF etc by backing the ESL publicly now?

Amazon Sport will be balls deep into it.

This has been one long April Fools joke, I am convinced of it. I haven’t believed it since day 1. None of it ever made sense at all.

Yep I got that vibe too that it was just some random taking the piss from home.

1097145.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reports suggestion the aleague rights are between nine and ten (and their respective streaming services).

Hopefully not Ten, they were crap last time.

Hopefully not Ten, they were crap last time.
My thoughts exactly. Wouldn't be getting paramount plus just because the aleague is on there (if it's the same as ten all access there is nothing new or unique on the service), I'm sure some aleague fans would, but would likley loose ground.

ViacomCBS is preparing to launch Paramount+, a rebranded version of “10 All Access”, with the US streaming agent already home to a number of sporting events, including the UEFA Champions League.

I assume they are talking about the USA CL rights, but I think the OZ CL rights are still up in the air so another possible competition on their service?

Would think Stan/9 would be the best option if the money is similar. They put real effort into rugby and they reportedly got good results from it. Adding it to their tennis and rugby rights would give them some pretty big and hardcore fan bases to target.

Not convinced Optus/Amazon really have the desire to take on any rights here where they would be responsible for the production.

Would think Stan/9 would be the best option if the money is similar. They put real effort into rugby and they reportedly got good results from it. Adding it to their tennis and rugby rights would give them some pretty big and hardcore fan bases to target.

Not convinced Optus/Amazon really have the desire to take on any rights here where they would be responsible for the production.
Reports stan will also pick up the nbl. Would be a good mix of content.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back