TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m a fan of the Monday Night Football Today at 10.30pm

Is that the one with Dublin and Hutchison? Only goes up On Demand around midday tomorrow, but yeah really like that one.

Is that the one with Dublin and Hutchison? Only goes up On Demand around midday tomorrow, but yeah really like that one.

Yeah I just went to set to record and noticed it’s not on :(

They should be making better use of the extra channels for this women's Football rather than cutting magazine shows...

I love that they’ve brought in the mini matches that they introduced at the World Cup.

I watched the Wolves/Everton and Arsenal/City mini matches without knowing the score where as usually I would just check the result or only watch the goals. I’ll get a lot of use out of it this season.

I love that they’ve brought in the mini matches that they introduced at the World Cup.

I watched the Wolves/Everton and Arsenal/City mini matches without knowing the score where as usually I would just check the result or only watch the goals. I’ll get a lot of use out of it this season.

Yeah watched the Arsenal-City one this morning, was great.

That's why Match of the Day is so good. Annoyingly the producers went to a very predictable line-up (so you could have a very good idea of the result by where the game appeared in the run order), but at least for GW1, this year's MOTD and MOTD2 appear to have gone back to a more unpredictable approach.

Thanks. I want to watch the Liverpool game tomorrow morning but I'm not waking up at 5am, but plan to watch it before work, hence the question.

Thanks. I want to watch the Liverpool game tomorrow morning but I'm not waking up at 5am, but plan to watch it before work, hence the question.

May as well just watch the mini-match then, would struggle to fit the whole match in otherwise I would think.

I think Optus said all games will be on demand now which is a positive.
Am i right to say that all EPL games are available on demand now?

This isn't true. The ones missing this weekend were So'ton Everton on Saturday, and the Watford game on Sunday. So it's like last season with a few missing.
How long after a match finishes is it available "on demand"? Is it immediately, or is there a delay?
Pretty much immediately but be careful if you start to watch a match before work and want to carry on at lunch-time. Maybe they've fixed it, but they used to put the on-demand match up straight away, and it included the one hour of promos or chit chat beforehand, then sometime in the morning they cut it from the replay. But the app remembers you were up to 1:40 (40min into the first half), so if you 'resume' is takes you to 1:40 of the cut-down 2 hour match - spoiling it.

By the way, I'm sure this has been covered by others, but the problem with the web portal version where it says the browser isn't right (and tries to direct you to Optus help forums), or something went wrong with the stream, is something you simply fix by refreshing the page.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i just took up there new bring your own phone offer. $36 a month for 30gig of data, unlimited calls and free subscription to Optus sports. Downloaded the app on my phone and the xbox and both work a treat. Very happy! Forward thinking for Boro's return to the EPL next season :moustache:

Thank **** SBS only has one game a week and you don’t even have to use them. Listening to Craig Foster saying Fernanjinho and Cole Walker was brutal and that was only 2 minutes into tuning in on Sunday morning lol.

Don't be silly, people only make fun of Lucy's pronunciation cos we're all inherently sexist. ;)

Thank **** SBS only has one game a week and you don’t even have to use them. Listening to Craig Foster saying Fernanjinho and Cole Walker was brutal and that was only 2 minutes into tuning in on Sunday morning lol.
Don't be silly, people only make fun of Lucy's pronunciation cos we're all inherently sexist. ;)
Why don't you listen to what they say rather than having a hissy fit about them trying to pronounce names correctly?

Why don't you listen to what they say rather than having a hissy fit about them trying to pronounce names correctly?

Because what they say is generally rubbish too.

Because what they say is generally rubbish too.
What you say on here is generally rubbish too. Who'd have thought people have different opinions?

That has nothing to do with getting in a tanty over people attempting to use correct pronunciations.

What you say on here is generally rubbish too. Who'd have thought people have different opinions?

That has nothing to do with getting in a tanty over people attempting to use correct pronunciations.

Settle, Trumpy.

Have you actually listened to them?

Some stuff they get right, but a lot of stuff they come out with is absolute rubbish.

Have you actually listened to them?

Some stuff they get right, but a lot of stuff they come out with is absolute rubbish.
Yep, I've heard them. They're no different to every other sports reporters. Most of the time they aren't saying much at all, and sometimes they have opinions I disagree with. Simon Hill was probably the guy who said the most things I agreed with. Foz was pretty good in the early days too, he just ran out of new things to say. They definitely say more accurate things than Boz and Slater.
Settle, Trumpy.
Just so you don't waste too much energy thinking this is a thing, I have no problem calling things Trumpy. Your argument style, as I've pointed out before, is needlessly prolonged and niggly. I wouldn't call it Trumpy at all, so I doubt it will come up in our convos.

Yep, I've heard them. They're no different to every other sports reporters. Most of the time they aren't saying much at all, and sometimes they have opinions I disagree with. Simon Hill was probably the guy who said the most things I agreed with. Foz was pretty good in the early days too, he just ran out of new things to say. They definitely say more accurate things than Boz and Slater.

Just so you don't waste too much energy thinking this is a thing, I have no problem calling things Trumpy. Your argument style, as I've pointed out before, is needlessly prolonged and niggly. I wouldn't call it Trumpy at all, so I doubt it will come up in our convos.

I know you have no problem calling things Trumpy, that's the joke.

Also, for the record, I'm not paid large sums of money to post my opinion on here (boy, I wish I was) so bringing up your opinion of my posting is entirely irrelevant to the conversation and just a lazy point scoring exercise. Given your track record though, I wouldn't go throwing those stones in glass houses.

I know you have no problem calling things Trumpy, that's the joke.

Also, for the record, I'm not paid large sums of money to post my opinion on here (boy, I wish I was) so bringing up your opinion of my posting is entirely irrelevant to the conversation and just a lazy point scoring exercise. Given your track record though, I wouldn't go throwing those stones in glass houses.
It was relevant. You just didn't get why. My terribly profound point was that people have different opinions. Some people loved Cometti. Some hated him. And as I said to Cruyff, there is also the problem you get that even with a good commentator they generally only have so many fresh takes on the game.

The fact a few presenters pronounce names more like they should sound is, for me, likely to make them more interesting, not less.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back