TV Rights

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
Really digging this split screen set up on Kayo Sports Beta. Can configure several different ways with up to 4 simultaneous streams. Hope optus are paying attention...

CWvBWLt.jpg

RKOunVW.jpg

Vcix8G7.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Do you know if you can use this feature on a TV screen?

Not directly yet. This is still in beta phase, so they’ve been concentrating on PC and laptops. Apps to launch soon for Apple TV 4 and 4K, Telstra TV and Android TV.

Fwiw, my screen grabs are on a 55” TV via Chrome browser on a mini PC (gigabyte brix core i5)

Jul 3, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Heat, Victory, Man Utd, Redskins
Live streaming on Optus is fine for me, but the replay videos are always lesser quality (blurry ball) etc some kind of refresh issue

Is there a fox to this? You'd think it'd be the other way round

Well they have the 3 live channels, so maybe BeIN didn’t have it live. Not everything shows up in the “Live” tiles on Kayo though. Sometimes you just need to go to the channels direct.

How do you go to the channels on Kayo? I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have shown the Old Firm.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
How do you go to the channels on Kayo? I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have shown the Old Firm.

Depends what device you use. If laptop or PC, scroll all the way down the page...or when watching something, click on the related items link at the bottom, and on the side menu choose Live Channels.

On something like an Apple TV, you can do the same, or scroll up, as the tiles loop, just like with Netflix...

Don’t think anyone has the rights. Maybe a bet365 account or something...

Oh man can Australia please wake up? I remember last season we didn’t have the rights to one of the early rounds of the league cup. Missed Liverpool vs Leicester.

Oh man can Australia please wake up? I remember last season we didn’t have the rights to one of the early rounds of the league cup. Missed Liverpool vs Leicester.

The way digital rights are going, Optus or someone will have them soon and we'll have much better access. Growing pains though.

Teagueeee15

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Well they have the 3 live channels, so maybe BeIN didn’t have it live. Not everything shows up in the “Live” tiles on Kayo though. Sometimes you just need to go to the channels direct.

BeIN showed it live on channel number 2. I don’t have Kayo, but they advertised that they have the same sports that Foxtel has, so I would be surprised if they didn’t show a big game like that live. From my experience, even the TV guide on Foxtel doesn’t always have the correct listings for BeIN, so that may have been the issue.

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
I don’t have Kayo so can’t say for sure, but it could’ve been an issue because Kayo would require the broadcaster to have the online rights as well.

It was an issue when I’ve previously used Foxtels previous online streaming services. It might not be the case here, but just because BeIN have the tv broadcast rights to the SPL in Australia, that doesn’t mean they have the online streaming rights as well. Foxtel previously had a section of their site which listed which programs were ‘blacked out’ on their online platform due to differences between broadcast and streaming rights.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Nah, sounds like they would have had it, but not put a tile in the live section. You need to check the live channels sometimes. One flaw is the lack of guideon the app. But the channels are identical. No more blackouts anymore. Even AFL should be the Foxtelfeed, not a re-broadcasted channel 7 with ads...

Oct 6, 2017
All over the place
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool Boston Celtics Victory
So no FA Cup on ESPN via Foxtel. Great. What is the point of Bein Sports Australia as well. Bein have the rights elsewhere but can't shell out the money for The Asia Pacific region?
So it seems IMG have got the rights instead. But there have been no takers in OZ to buy those rights off them.
What has the world come to. This is so totally flapped.
I haven't explored this in any depth, so I maybe making incorrect assumptions.

Back