TV Rights

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I think you might be able to watch the fa cup through Sportsbet. Just need an active account

Only for a limited time otherwise you need funds in your account. I was watching the Blackpool/Arsenal game on Sportsbet, I logged out to LiveScore the rest and around the 80th minute mark I went back to watch the rest and I was hit with a “Sports streaming is free if you have funds in your account. Please deposit to continue.” message.

This happened even though I had a multibet with the same match I was trying to watch active on my account.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
What priors?

It's no state secret the FA Cup has declined greatly in popularity (empty seats galore) and quality (best players rested).

What priors?

It's no state secret the FA Cup has declined greatly in popularity (empty seats galore) and quality (best players rested).

Priors coming on this board saying something deliberately provocative and then reacting with a "Who, me?" when people get annoyed with you.

In your opinion. Clearly a lot of us are still keen to watch it.

Empty seats and rested players aren't opinions, they're facts.

So when Spurs played a virtually full strength side Friday night that magically meant we could watch that game?

I don't think we did. Very much a changed XI with a cup semi in mind

Son, Aurier, Kane, Lucas, Alli, Sanchez? That's a decent chunk of your first XI. Yeah some kids in there too, but not any that hadn't started PL games this season.

Son, Aurier, Kane, Lucas, Alli, Sanchez? That's a decent chunk of your first XI. Yeah some kids in there too, but not any that hadn't started PL games this season.
Well from a starting POV no. Most of the squad seeing PL action is par for the course when you're in Europe, but I'd say it was a side that didn't have its best 6 players this season starting. Kane, Lloris, Eriksen, Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Sissoko.

We had a 6th CM from the academy.
3rd and 4th CBs
Davies did play but at CB
3rd choice RB (at LWB).
CF with next to no game time in 18 months.
Back up GK.

Alli, Son and maybe Aurier the only one's I'd consider in the best team atm.
Heavily rotated

Well from a starting POV no. Most of the squad seeing PL action is par for the course when you're in Europe, but I'd say it was a side that didn't have its best 6 players this season starting. Kane, Lloris, Eriksen, Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Sissoko.

We had a 6th CM from the academy.
3rd and 4th CBs
Davies did play but at CB
3rd choice RB (at LWB).
CF with next to no game time in 18 months.
Back up GK.

Alli, Son and maybe Aurier the only one's I'd consider in the best team atm.
Heavily rotated

I don't really consider guys like Llorente, Moura, Sanchez to be kids though, which was the point.

The point being that the FA Cup is still something a lot of people enjoy watching, and a lot of teams do take it seriously.

I don't really consider guys like Llorente, Moura, Sanchez to be kids though, which was the point.

The point being that the FA Cup is still something a lot of people enjoy watching, and a lot of teams do take it seriously.
I agree on the last part. I love watching it, when we have someone to broadcast it that is, and we've in the past sailed too close to the wind with the team and nearly lost or been knocked out. Wycombe, Rochdale, Newport, Palace spring to mind. Can be frustrating to take it too lightly.

I guess the depth is a little better than many people think then. 3rd, in a cup semi, CL knockouts and bought no one. Have injuries and can still rotate and have people thinking we were reasonably strong.

Blueboys11

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
I agree on the last part. I love watching it, when we have someone to broadcast it that is, and we've in the past sailed too close to the wind with the team and nearly lost or been knocked out. Wycombe, Rochdale, Newport, Palace spring to mind. Can be frustrating to take it too lightly.

I guess the depth is a little better than many people think then. 3rd, in a cup semi, CL knockouts and bought no one. Have injuries and can still rotate and have people thinking we were reasonably strong.

I think Spurs depth is underrated. It’s almost a default position without actually analysing the squad,

You could say Spurs have been hit hardest with injuries, unavailability etc yet are still alive in all 4 competitions and doing well in all of them

TommyD13

Premiership Player
Jul 31, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Adelaide United Southampton
Love the fact that only us (Southampton) and Burnley haven't had a SBS game until at least March 3. Also love it when 15/18 teams who have been on TV this season have been on multiple times. Not asking for much, just one match on FTA Tv so I dont have to watch illegal laggy streams every game.

Love the fact that only us (Southampton) and Burnley haven't had a SBS game until at least March 3. Also love it when 15/18 teams who have been on TV this season have been on multiple times. Not asking for much, just one match on FTA Tv so I dont have to watch illegal laggy streams every game.
Have you considered getting OptusSport or is that not possible?

Back