TommyD13

Premiership Player
Jul 31, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Adelaide United Southampton
Have never tried it obviously, but does Optus, if you stream it on your laptop and then plug it into the TV, does it work properly or is there often buffering and loading? And is the quality good?

Blueboys11

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
Cheers Optus. Taking me to the live Optus Sports 1 channel when I selected the merseyside derby replay.

Had been enjoying Optus’s work until that

Ruined the result

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I can see the EPL going to Foxtel for specifically Kayo at the next rights.

Blueboys11

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
Don’t get me wrong I do enjoy having all the games on demand, and also the mini match is a great addition if you don’t want to watch the whole game.

It’s just these occasional glitches that are frustrating

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Cheers Optus. Taking me to the live Optus Sports 1 channel when I selected the merseyside derby replay.

Had been enjoying Optus’s work until that

Ruined the result
i had that happen with a cl game. that was grand.

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
I can see the EPL going to Foxtel for specifically Kayo at the next rights.
Kayo was really bad for me, ive got foxtel now anyway. I think what we got its what will be anyway. Pl in talks to have there own coverage like nfl game pass or MLB tv so its pertty much what you got now.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Fwoy trying to set up Optus Sport for in-laws in the UK.

What VPN options work? The in laws aren't exactly tech-savvy (dont own a computer if any sort - just phones / ipad) - is there some sort of a router that could be plugged in to their modem that would act as an Australian VPN?

Anyone else got Optus Sport to work in the UK? Father in law would absolutely love to watch 3pm Sat kos.....

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
Fwoy trying to set up Optus Sport for in-laws in the UK.

What VPN options work? The in laws aren't exactly tech-savvy (dont own a computer if any sort - just phones / ipad) - is there some sort of a router that could be plugged in to their modem that would act as an Australian VPN?

Anyone else got Optus Sport to work in the UK? Father in law would absolutely love to watch 3pm Sat kos.....

I was using a VPN in US but the one service I had issues with was Optus Sport/Fetch, so I had to use NBCSports Gold.

If I was not reliant on Hotel Wifi, then I’m pretty sure DNS proxies would be the way to go. I tend to use these instead of VPNs as they bypass the restrictions without impacting on your net speeds. They can be set up on your router or on specific device.

Most poplular services include Getflix, dns4me and smartDNSproxy. I’ve used all three and currently use the third option. Each one has at least a 7 day trial and instructions on how to set up specific devices or routers on the websites.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I was using a VPN in US but the one service I had issues with was Optus Sport/Fetch, so I had to use NBCSports Gold.

If I was not reliant on Hotel Wifi, then I’m pretty sure DNS proxies would be the way to go. I tend to use these instead of VPNs as they bypass the restrictions without impacting on your net speeds. They can be set up on your router or on specific device.

Most poplular services include Getflix, dns4me and smartDNSproxy. I’ve used all three and currently use the third option. Each one has at least a 7 day trial and instructions on how to set up specific devices or routers on the websites.

Would it work if I install a VPN app on their phone with a subscription and then login into Optus Sport app on same phone ?

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Apologies if this has already been covered in this thread, I have a question regarding Kayo Sports. I’ve just signed up, however I cannot locate the app for a smart TV (Samsung).

According to their website, it is available for a smart TV. But perhaps I’m doing something wrong, hoping someone who is more tech savvy than myself can help (Fwoy I’m looking in your direction ;))

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Apologies if this has already been covered in this thread, I have a question regarding Kayo Sports. I’ve just signed up, however I cannot locate the app for a smart TV (Samsung).

According to their website, it is available for a smart TV. But perhaps I’m doing something wrong, hoping someone who is more tech savvy than myself can help (Fwoy I’m looking in your direction ;))

Do you have chromecast / apple tv? If so easier to get it on the tv that way.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm

Pretty sure they don’t have TV apps yet. Looking at the website, the link doesn’t work, and they are perhaps unclear by listing iOS and TV, when it should say iOS and tvOS - which means via iPad, iPhone or Apple TV 4 or 4K.

To clarify, the available list is Mac, PC or Laptop via main browsers, Apple TV 4 or above, Telstra TV, Chromecast 3 or above (lower Chromecast are capped at 720p, AirPlay from iOS devices to an Apple TV, or android players like nVidea Shield.

I believe an Android TV app can be side loaded to Sony TVs or other Android boxes, but I’m not proficient in that area

Back