TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

With 3 of my favourite shows (''Headline Makers'', ''The Analysis show'' and ''The Weekend Warm Up'') all boned, I find myself just watching the matches and that's it really.

With 3 of my favourite shows (''Headline Makers'', ''The Analysis show'' and ''The Weekend Warm Up'') all boned, I find myself just watching the matches and that's it really.

The Weekend Review is still pretty decent.

Headline Makers was a great one though, shame they ditched it.

Anyone else getting a bit pissed off with the amount of ads on Optus now? I went to watch the Liverpool/Spurs replay today and had 6 adverts before the match started. They upped the price. They shouldn't be doing this s**t as well.

Also reminder to people with STAN SPORT for CL, EL and ECL. Cancel it for December and Jan. European football returns in Feb.

I haven’t had it throughout the group stage but will activate Stan Sport in February.

Anyone else getting a bit pissed off with the amount of ads on Optus now? I went to watch the Liverpool/Spurs replay today and had 6 adverts before the match started. They upped the price. They shouldn't be doing this s**t as well.

Yeah it's pretty poor. Seems like Optus have overcooked it with PL rights and are struggling to return a profit.

Next time around they go up for bidding surely it makes sense for all the interested parties to sit down and discuss who gets what and then lowball the rights bidding?

Yeah it's pretty poor. Seems like Optus have overcooked it with PL rights and are struggling to return a profit.

Next time around they go up for bidding surely it makes sense for all the interested parties to sit down and discuss who gets what and then lowball the rights bidding?

You've suggested that before and it's just as illegal now as it was then.

Is this going to be one of those really, really annoying back and forths where neither person understands what the other person is on about and then just agrees to disagree?

I thought it was just Jatz asking why Zidane has to pay so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it was just Jatz asking why Zidane has to pay so much.

It would be the monthly ($24.99) /annual pass that Zidane is on. So I can understand postponing Optus Sport for a month and saving that money. IMO, it’s a lot of money to keep paying during the World Cup month, so definitely cancel it for a month.

Sorry for being a bit heavy handed and sarcastic in my initial post.

It would be the monthly ($24.99) /annual pass that Zidane is on. So I can understand postponing Optus Sport for a month and saving that money. IMO, it’s a lot of money to keep paying during the World Cup month, so definitely cancel it for a month.

Sorry for being a bit heavy handed and sarcastic in my initial post.
I genuinely have no idea what this $24.99 is? I get charged $7.99 monthly?

I genuinely have no idea what this $24.99 is? I get charged $7.99 monthly?

Pretty much $6.99 for eligible Optus customers. Zidane probably isn’t on Optus, so he’s paying the $24.99 price outside of the service.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back