TV Rights

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Lol.

If their business case told them they could afford to let beIN go, I don't possibly see how there's now going to be enough outrage for them to give a s**t.

As with the PL when they initially lost the rights, the actual numbers rarely justifies the costs.

True. By the same token Kayo markets itself as a sports streaming service - hard to be taken seriously if they have 0 fooitball content.

Im tipping they'll announce something in July to replace Bein.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
If you subscribe to Netflix, Paramount+, Amazon Prime etc thru Optus Subhub, you will get a small discount which grows depending on the number of subs…eg 2 subscriptions = 5% off monthly totals, 3 subs = 10% off etc…

I don’t use it coz I share accounts with family. I am responsible for paying for Stan (which isn’t included in subhub), and I pay for Prime annually…which is cheaper still. Others are paid for by other family members.

What's the deal for that? A League members get Paramount for $60 annually which is a pretty good deal.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
True. By the same token Kayo markets itself as a sports streaming service - hard to be taken seriously if they have 0 fooitball content.

Im tipping they'll announce something in July to replace Bein.
Don't see what it'll be.

Makes no sense for Optus to deal with Foxtel and I don't think the A League rights are up?

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Don't see what it'll be.

Makes no sense for Optus to deal with Foxtel and I don't think the A League rights are up?

Foxtel would just swap Paramount for Bein. That brings A-League onto Foxtel without them having to buy the rights and still allows Paramount + subs for those that don't want Foxtel.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Fyi a cheaper way to get Kayo

Anyone that signs up to Telstra 5g atm gets 12 months of free Kayo basic (2 screens).

Have a 5G connection at work, it absolutely flies. Shits all over NBN FTTP. Typical speeds are 330mbs down / 70mbps up.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
If Foxtel struck a deal where they would have Optus Sports 1 running 24/7, and live games running on Fox Sports channels or pop up channels, but they charge $24.99 extra, would you sign up? This would be 1080p minimum on all games and available on Kayo too hypothetically…and maybe the PL and LaLiga channels shared on one channel feed across the 24 hour period…

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
If Foxtel struck a deal where they would have Optus Sports 1 running 24/7, and live games running on Fox Sports channels or pop up channels, but they charge $24.99 extra, would you sign up? This would be 1080p minimum on all games and available on Kayo too hypothetically…and maybe the PL and LaLiga channels shared on one channel feed across the 24 hour period…

No way. Just like Bein if Foxtel did a deal it would have to be included in the sports package at no extra cost. It would be interesting if that drove Foxtel subs up. They could take on all the Bein channel allocations.

As previously mentioned this is much more likely to happen with Paramount because it has A-League and is only a $9 sub and has content other than A League that would make its inclusion attractive on Foxtel packages.

Foxtel offset epl loss by giving us BEIN. They would have to give something for now losing that as well. I’m on a cheaper 12 mth deal with them because I rang and asked for one. Will do the same now they’ve lost BEIN.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Foxtel offset epl loss by giving us BEIN. They would have to give something for now losing that as well. I’m on a cheaper 12 mth deal with them because I rang and asked for one. Will do the same now they’ve lost BEIN.
they can get the hero i league back again

BEIN Offering discounts for Foxtel customers if they sign up before 30 June ..think I’ll wait and see who picks it up. Will remain on Fetch TV though.

IMG_4445.jpeg

Back