TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

I have optus so not fussed but would have liked to have seen it with Amazon or with the A-league.

Really Optus just couldn't afford to lose it, they'd have many customers with contracts with it built in, legality wise they'd have to null and void if someone cracked it.

I have optus so not fussed but would have liked to have seen it with Amazon or with the A-league.

Really Optus just couldn't afford to lose it, they'd have many customers with contracts with it built in, legality wise they'd have to null and void if someone cracked it.

Think those contracts all have wording around them getting access for as long as Optus have the rights, so wouldn't have been an issue from that point of view.

Hope Optus push to bring in some of the other leagues like the EFL to make it worthwhile though.

Who has the WC rights in 2022? Is it Optus?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think those contracts all have wording around them getting access for as long as Optus have the rights, so wouldn't have been an issue from that point of view.

Hope Optus push to bring in some of the other leagues like the EFL to make it worthwhile though.

Who has the WC rights in 2022? Is it Optus?
Yeah if they could get things like Serie A, EFL, COC, FA Cup etc it'd be great.

Oh yeah, but another streaming service (for me), which I wouldn't pay for.

Yeah and this is why it's a shame Optus got the rights again, as PL going to Paramount would have meant people could have ditched Optus and got Paramount for EPL, FA Cup, and A-League, which would have boosted eyes on the local product.

Yeah and this is why it's a shame Optus got the rights again, as PL going to Paramount would have meant people could have ditched Optus and got Paramount for EPL, FA Cup, and A-League, which would have boosted eyes on the local product.
Yeah it’s disappointing. Going to stick with Foxtel, Optus and now Stan …going to give Paramount a miss and just catch one A League game a week on Ch 10. In a way this PL decision is a blow to A League

Happy with that Optus has the EPL for another 6 years. No one has the Dutch, Portuguese or Belgian leagues in Australia which are worth watching

So when are the BeIN Sports contracts up next? Maybe Optus, Stan or Paramount can pick off those leagues…

Not for another 2 more seasons.

I think Foxtel signed a multi year deal with BEIN in June/July …can’t remember how many years. BEIN signed new deal in Asia to show Serie A for next 3 years. BEIN struck a deal to show Bundesliga in other regions only recently so expect that’ll get extended in Asia as well

NBC Sports renewed over here until 2028. They paid 2.7 Billon US.

Honestly wonder if the big European Teams, may go for another Super League but just exclude the English Teams post this....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back