TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

There goes watching the premier league next season
Highly doubt the guy I used to work for who doesn't watch the sport will pay the extra fee and due to past unpleasant experiences with them, zero chance optus is getting a cent from me

Prepare to get angry…Optus price rise, including those with an Optus phone or internet…

$24.99 a month or $199 a year.
$6.99 a month with Optus phone or internet…

One positive is 1080p
One negative is no 4K…

Apparently phone or internet is also increasing by $7.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prepare to get angry…Optus price rise, including those with an Optus phone or internet…

One positive is 1080p
One negative is no 4K…

Seems counter intuitive to charge Optus customers since now people will just get cheap phone plans instead if they want to keep Optus Sports.

One positive is 1080p
One negative is no 4K…

$2 a month rise would have been reasonable.

$10 / month bump will just see users likely switching to streams or cancelling altogether.

I thought Optus had learned their lessons from the firsr season which was a disaster for them PR wise but it seems not.

One positive is 1080p
One negative is no 4K…

I'm happy to pay $7 dollars a month for the great product they have.

Last edited:
I think 25 / month acceptable if packaged with A League & European comps.

The market is too fragmenteded. $50 / month to watch your team playing in PL & Europe is just a joke.

I long for the days when everything was on foxtel in one place.

You keep saying this but no rational person agrees.

The coverage is so much better these days.

Agree that having one 'football' streaming service would be best but I don't want Foxtel getting it back.

You keep saying this but no rational person agrees.

The coverage is so much better these days.

Agree that having one 'football' streaming service would be best but I don't want Foxtel getting it back.
Foxtel stuffed their coverage up.
Ideally a football-owned or max streaming service would be phenomenal. Buy all the football rights into one streaming package. But hey competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back