TV series you are watching

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you have a spare couple of weeks?
Great show, but doubt if I could take it all in one sitting.
Watched the last 2 seasons and even that took a few weeks.
I've got 2 young kids, we're usually lucky to get an episode in each night.

Definitely couldn't do the whole series at once. Think I first started it 2 years ago, haha.

Better Call Saul

Just completed season 4, outstanding.
Brilliant last episode too.

The whole Ehrmantraut and Ziegler dynamic was outstanding.

As was every other dynamic.
Great episode. The trasformation is complete. Saul Goodman!

Yep sure is.

And how good the Ermantraut angle?
At first you think he’ll have to deal with Kai, but that was a red herring.
But the poor guy just wanted to be with his wife, put it all in danger.

Yep sure is.

Yeah Mike was incredible. His transfomation to a killer also complete

Yep sure is.

Yeah Mike was incredible. His transfomation to a killer also complete
Cut it out with all the spoilers guys.
Some of us haven't watched it yet.

Cut it out with all the spoilers guys.
Some of us haven't watched it yet.
Spoiler Alert:

Breaking Bad the series follows this :)

Better Call Saul

Just completed season 4, outstanding.
Brilliant last episode too.

The whole Ehrmantraut and Ziegler dynamic was outstanding.

As was every other dynamic.

Breaking Bad goes down as one of the great shows of all time. BCS is one of the worst imo.

To say I hate it is an understatement. There are a lot of things that tick me off about it but the main one is that by trying to humanise him they've taken away what made him great in the first place - his complete immorality and shamelessness. It is an unnecessary spin off that serves no purpose and tells us nothing interesting. I hope for their sake they did it for the $$$ because if they think they're adding to the BB legacy then they should think again. It is an epic piece of cinematic vandalism that rivals the horror of the two most recent Bourne movies.

I feel very strongly about this :(

I watched Castlevania a while ago on Netflix and, for a cartoon, I found it legitimately cool. Looking forward to the next season.

Apparently the Americans awesome so I'm going to watch that next.

Breaking Bad goes down as one of the great shows of all time. BCS is one of the worst imo.

To say I hate it is an understatement. There are a lot of things that tick me off about it but the main one is that by trying to humanise him they've taken away what made him great in the first place - his complete immorality and shamelessness. It is an unnecessary spin off that serves no purpose and tells us nothing interesting. I hope for their sake they did it for the $$$ because if they think they're adding to the BB legacy then they should think again. It is an epic piece of cinematic vandalism that rivals the horror of the two most recent Bourne movies.

Each to their own. At the end of BCS, you can clearly see Jimmy turn from a bit of a nice guy into the shameless character that is Saul. There are plenty of shows that people rave about, that I just hated. Mr Robot, Westworld etc. Not eveyone is going to like the same things

Each to their own. At the end of BCS, you can clearly see Jimmy turn from a bit of a nice guy into the shameless character that is Saul. There are plenty of shows that people rave about, that I just hated. Mr Robot, Westworld etc. Not eveyone is going to like the same things
yeah I'm definitely in the minority in that most people seem to like it.

The other problem I have with the show is that it is very one paced. What made BB amazing was its dramatic escalation from not much happening to insane action in a heartbeat and to a level that's probably never been done as well on tv before. People saying BCS is a slow burn but its just boring imo which is something that I thought I'd never hear myself saying about a character that was so awesome in BB.

We are something like 4 seasons in now and for me there are very few memorable moments. Contrast that to BB and I'm into double figures and I haven't watched it for years.

Recognise its also tough because getting compared to breaking bad will be inevitable. BB had one of the GOAT character duos between Pinkman and WW. Jimmy/Mike or Jimmy/Wexler don't get the job done. In fact in the last series it was almost as if Jimmy/Mike were acting in different spin offs.

Last edited:
yeah I'm definitely in the minority in that most people seem to like it.

The other problem I have with the show is that it is very one paced. What made BB amazing was its dramatic escalation from not much happening to insane action in a heartbeat and to a level that's probably never been done as well on tv before. People saying BCS is a slow burn but its just boring imo which is something that I thought I'd never hear myself saying about a character that was so awesome in BB.

We are something like 4 seasons in now and for me there are very few memorable moments. Contrast that to BB and I'm into double figures and I haven't watched it for years.
Definately a slow burner. I'll give you that. BB is a pretty hard act to follow though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well just have to disagree on that take.

BCS is majestic tv because it takes a stunningly interesting character and gives the back story to how he became what he was in BB.

Makes him even more interesting.

Definately a slow burner. I'll give you that. BB is a pretty hard act to follow though.
I love the slow burner.

It’s compelling because it’s so beautifully crafted.

Each aspect fits into the whole.

It does not want not needs to be BB but rather stands on its own feet.

I accept not everyone will like intellectual craft through character development and nuanced writing.

Some like lots of noise,
not that B.B. was noise.
It was a magnificent series but different.

BCS to be is genius that can fit in the canon of outstanding series (as does B.B.)

I love the slow burner.

It’s compelling because it’s so beautifully crafted.

Each aspect fits into the whole.

It does not want not needs to be BB but rather stands on its own feet.

I accept not everyone will like intellectual craft through character development and nuanced writing.

Some like lots of noise,
not that B.B. was noise.
It was a magnificent series but different.

BCS to be is genius that can fit in the canon of outstanding series (as does B.B.)
They could have achieved the same level of character development in one season that they've achieved in 4. It is verbose and the character development is disappointing compared to BB. Admittedly the Pinkman/WW team is GOAT territory. Saul and Mike were brilliant supporting actors but they were written just as that.

Honestly in terms of character development, I think BB contained more character development for both Mike and Goodman as supporting actors than 4 seasons of BCS has achieved with them as main characters. There was nothing more to be said about them and that's been demonstrated by 4 lacklustre seasons imo. It didn't need to happen and takes away from the greatness of BB.

Disagree with you.
I think you're comparing apples and oranges.
I don't think BCS is supposed to be like a Star Wars prequel.
It's telling us the story of how Saul became Saul.
It's independent of BB and shouldn't be compared to the pace and action of BB.
Personally I enjoy that it is a bit of a "slow burn"
With all the crap that we see on TV where it is all about the special effects and the CGI or whatever the hell it's called, it's nice to watch something which is actually about the story.
I've enjoyed the way they have taken their time to give the viewer an insight into what made Saul become Saul. They haven't rushed it. They have told a story.

Have you ever read Catcher in The Rye.
Reminds me a bit of it. Watching an individual's personality slowly change over time and the events that cause them to become who they are.

Disagree with you.
I think you're comparing apples and oranges.
I don't think BCS is supposed to be like a Star Wars prequel.
It's telling us the story of how Saul became Saul.
It's independent of BB and shouldn't be compared to the pace and action of BB.
Personally I enjoy that it is a bit of a "slow burn"
With all the crap that we see on TV where it is all about the special effects and the CGI or whatever the hell it's called, it's nice to watch something which is actually about the story.
I've enjoyed the way they have taken their time to give the viewer an insight into what made Saul become Saul. They haven't rushed it. They have told a story.

Have you ever read Catcher in The Rye.
Reminds me a bit of it. Watching an individual's personality slowly change over time and the events that cause them to become who they are.
Loved The Catcher in the rye.

Akerly kid.

Perhaps the greatest ever book about teenage angst ever written.

The Haunting of Hill House which I assume is a one off single season of 10 episodes.

Think of it as a family drama like Six Feet Under but with a strong horror narrative.

It's kept me interested and entertained so has fulfilled it's job while the final episode remains to be watched.

The original and best Spoiler

(The late great Don Jardine)

78CACA97-38AD-43B3-AD22-3A2A5176B248.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back