TV series you are watching

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a big fan of orange is the new black. I much preferred Weeds and I think those types of shows are much better suited to the 1/2 hour format. 1 hour is too long imo.

New season of house of cards sucks imo. They should be starting to wrap things up because it's clear they've run out of ideas.

yeh disappointed with the first 3-4 episodes. that election should've been killed off earlier.

it's also getting a little ridiculous how many people were being "removed" and no one has worked out they are all connected to FU.

series 6 should be the last.

yeh disappointed with the first 3-4 episodes. that election should've been killed off earlier.

it's also getting a little ridiculous how many people were being "removed" and no one has worked out they are all connected to FU.

Never seen it,tho i do laugh at Geordie Shore..
Getting Mortal ?

Season was very slow. The whole Claire pushing him out thing was obvious from very early on but they took soooo long to get there. Frank has so much going on with a lot of people knowing the dirty details. Its far fetched that he hasn't been totally bought down yet

Just finished watching the first season of American Gods.
Brilliant.
The Handmaids Tale is also worth a watch but the constant 2 minute close ups of the leads facial expressions gets a bit tiresome, as does the constant pause for 30 seconds or so before she says something or answers a question. It's supposed to convey her emotions but when half an episode consists of these pauses and close ups it gets a bit tedious. Story line is good.

Just finished watching the first season of American Gods.
Brilliant.
The Handmaids Tale is also worth a watch but the constant 2 minute close ups of the leads facial expressions gets a bit tiresome, as does the constant pause for 30 seconds or so before she says something or answers a question. It's supposed to convey her emotions but when half an episode consists of these pauses and close ups it gets a bit tedious. Story line is good.
I'm about 3 eps in to American Gods. Still trying to work it out a bit but its keeping the interest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billions (2 seasons so far) very good
Six - about navy seals (1 season only thus far) but great
The OA - 1 season only ( a bit out there but entertaining)
Shooter - 1 season only but season 2 about to start. (Retired sniper setup by government bad guys on a presidential hit)
Designated survivor - keifer sutherland's next project. 1 season so far. Not bad

The Handmaids Tale is also worth a watch

Just finished this. I loved it, but harrowing and challenging. Elizabeth Moss is a great actor (MadMen, Top of the Lake, and now this).

I read the book 20 or so years ago, but couldn't remember the ending. And I'm glad I didnt!

Just finished this. I loved it, but harrowing and challenging. Elizabeth Moss is a great actor (MadMen, Top of the Lake, and now this).

I read the book 20 or so years ago, but couldn't remember the ending. And I'm glad I didnt!
Moss is terrific, in everything.

I'll be starting on handmaiden soon.

Can't wait, know I will be addicted soon enough to watch in few sittings

I decided to watch a episode of Jane the Virgin on Netflix. Didn't think I'd like it too much but now through 1 and a half seasons. It's strangely addictive. Don't judge me. Lol.

On another note Gina is pretty sexy.

Oh and I accidentally found out a character dies in season 3. Now feels like I've lost a family member. Funny how shows can do that to you.

Moss is terrific, in everything.

I'll be starting on handmaiden soon.

Can't wait, know I will be addicted soon enough to watch in few sittings

Same here, Handmaid's Tale is the next cab off the rank for me and it will be binge watching of 3 - 4 episodes in one hit. Looking forward to it.

Same here, Handmaid's Tale is the next cab off the rank for me and it will be binge watching of 3 - 4 episodes in one hit. Looking forward to it.
Be interested to hear what you think.
I posted regarding it a few posts up.
Story line is very good.
It's definitely worth watching.
All the silences, pauses and close ups of the leads facial expressions got a bit tedious for me though.

Be interested to hear what you think.
I posted regarding it a few posts up.
Story line is very good.
It's definitely worth watching.
All the silences, pauses and close ups of the leads facial expressions got a bit tedious for me though.

Yes, I saw your post and I will keep it in the back of my mind while I watch. I did read something else concerning during the week that may also detract from the viewing experience - it's only available via SBS OnDemand here and they apparently randomly insert ads without consideration to suitable break timings to the point of mid scene and dialogue. There's been many complaints about it so I hope the ads don't spoil it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back