TV series you are watching

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wondering if anyone has watched the latest and last of Dave Chappelle's Netflix comedies.

I'm a big fan of Dave, but his preoccupation with transgender people has become decidedly unfunny, more than a bit nasty.

Half way through Squid Game and enjoying it immensely. Apparently the concept for the show predates The Hunger Games but it took the writer decades to get his show made…

just watched it. dont bother its 80 percent trans stuff

In everything else he's done, it always felt like he used comedy to laugh at everyone. Comedy as a uniting force, if you will.

The latest special felt like a pitiful self-justification and crude attempt to laugh at and dismiss transgender identity.

Ok Squid Game was excellent. The tension in episode 7 was amazing. The ending itself was… just ok. Space left for a season 2, clearly.

Ok Squid Game was excellent. The tension in episode 7 was amazing. The ending itself was… just ok. Space left for a season 2, clearly.

It was so well made. The sets, filming, acting... extraordinary production.

Agree on the ending; it was a little "flat"... and I'm easily pleased e.g. didn't mind the Game of Thrones ending. :)

Half way through Squid Game and enjoying it immensely. Apparently the concept for the show predates The Hunger Games but it took the writer decades to get his show made…
I will have to watch it again but this time with sub titles not dubbing, though I understand neither the dubbing or titles are accurate interpretations of the Korean dialogue.

I will have to watch it again but this time with sub titles not dubbing, though I understand neither the dubbing or titles are accurate interpretations of the Korean dialogue.

I made the same mistake with dubbing in the first episode. English subtitles are the lesser of 2 evils given that my Korean is sorely lacking.

I made the same mistake with dubbing in the first episode. English subtitles are the lesser of 2 evils given that my Korean is sorely lacking.
You're lucky. I am such a technical ignoramus I didn't realise there was an option, and watched the entire series with lips flapping but no sound and vice versa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly don’t know what show is better than this atm? I was glued last night.

Probably the best drama of the last 10 years, for me. It’s outstanding. Every character has depth, the script is tight, the swearing is believable, and there’s plenty of eye candy if you like private jets, New York buildings and luxury locations.:p

Love it!

I’m watching Maid with the wife right now. It’s well made and the performances are good, production is a little gimmicky for my liking and the writing is unremarkable. The story arc is a beatdown. A bit too predictable and depressing watching people repeat their mistakes, however behaviourally true-to-life that may be.

Probably the best drama of the last 10 years, for me. It’s outstanding. Every character has depth, the script is tight, the swearing is believable, and there’s plenty of eye candy if you like private jets, New York buildings and luxury locations.:p

Love it!
i like to say the F Off word like Logan Roy says it , safe to say the people who aren't used to me get a bit of a shock!

Has anyone else seen the Netflix mini-series called Midnight Mass?

Extraordinarily good, a mixture of horror and religious concepts, with lots of twists and turns in the plot. Good acting and well-produced also I thought.

Only 6 or 7 episodes, but it is a captivating climax at the end.

Recommend it highly - a thought-provoking and somewhat disturbing thriller.

Selina Meyer is better at it than Logan.

I love Veep it comes in the top 5 all time comedy shows

List is
Peep Show
Seinfeld
Arrested Development (series 1 to 3)
The Office (USA) (series 1 to 6)
Veep

Special Mentions to The office (UK) Fawlty Towers, What we do in the shadows, AP Bio and a few others that only had a handful of episodes
And Cheers, Married with Children, Newhart and Family Ties which were old faves but havent dated that well

Anyone right into Wentworth ? Cant get enough of it , sad it will be ending soon
Love Wentworth.To me it’s the best Australian drama of the 21st century.The final season has been a real roller coaster ride.Unfortunately there’s just one more episode to go now.I just hope the three super villains,Ferguson,Judy Bryant and Lou Kelly get their just desserts in the final episode.

Love Wentworth.To me it’s the best Australian drama of the 21st century.The final season has been a real roller coaster ride.Unfortunately there’s just one more episode to go now.I just hope the three super villains,Ferguson,Judy Bryant and Lou Kelly get their just desserts in the final episode.

The acting in it is sensational. Story writing is amazing and deep

Terribly sad this is the last season and episode coming up , i guess its done itself justice in the way its finished . Which not a lot of shows can claim that in their final season.

Fingers crossed down the track they do a spin off (another prison) or the writers get together on another project

Agree , am hanging to see the outcome of those three. Whilst hoping my faves stay unharmed! Vera has me on edge atm haha

Love it!

Agreed on the eye candy.

Caught the first 2 episodes last night based on the opinions I've read here. So many cringeworthy moments but realistic. The people are awfully hollow but relatable. Each character exposes hidden character flaws that most humans possess.

It's good shYte!

Last edited:
I love Veep it comes in the top 5 all time comedy shows

List is
Peep Show
Seinfeld
Arrested Development (series 1 to 3)
The Office (USA) (series 1 to 6)
Veep

Special Mentions to The office (UK) Fawlty Towers, What we do in the shadows, AP Bio and a few others that only had a handful of episodes
And Cheers, Married with Children, Newhart and Family Ties which were old faves but havent dated that well
All good shows, but there is plenty of competition! The Thick of It and Yes Minister before we even leave politics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back