TV Series You're Watching

Remove this Banner Ad

Well he said loose ends existed after season 1 .... just a bit confused, but I guess it's just a mistake.

I assume he's assuming they may not be able to tie all the loose ends together with only 2 episodes left. There is definitely 2 episodes left.

Well, the Westworld season finale was fantastic and tied up plenty for season 2.

Now it's finished, I've actually started on it!! 4 eps in and I'm liking it very much.

I can't decide on whether bingeing or weekly installments is the best way to watch a show.

Now it's finished, I've actually started on it!! 4 eps in and I'm liking it very much.

I can't decide on whether bingeing or weekly installments is the best way to watch a show.
i like the binge watching method ie. minimum 1 full season at a time, just finished watching all 5 seasons of The Wire over about 3 weeks, the 10 episodes of the final season in 1 day.

So much s**t going on probably best to watch an ep every few days to take it all in.

Last edited:
i like the binge watching method ie. minimum 1 full season at a time, just finished watching all 5 seasons of The Wire over about 3 weeks, the 10 episodes of the final season in 1 day.

Did you find out about the wire on the google machine? ;)

Great show, one of my favs.

Well, the Westworld season finale was fantastic and tied up plenty for season 2.

Thought it was a really well done finale. Leaves enough questions there for season 2, but avoids the real annoying season ending cliffhangers. contains the main story lines and wraps them up in season 1, but opens the door to further expand in season 2 without leaving you feel like things weren't addressed. very well written.

So Jonathan Nolan said somewhere that when the hosts are acting out their programming they shot with steady cam and when they were thinking for themselves they shot free hand. Now I have to watch all over again.

So Jonathan Nolan said somewhere that when the hosts are acting out their programming they shot with steady cam and when they were thinking for themselves they shot free hand. Now I have to watch all over again.

Son of a bitch... now i'm gonna have to rewatch as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

have just watched the first 4 episodes of Westworld over the last 2 days, love it.

the series they put out these days are so much better than the vast majority of the movies.

have just watched the first 4 episodes of Westworld over the last 2 days, love it.

the series they put out these days are so much better than the vast majority of the movies.

They call it the Second Golden Age of Television for a reason.

Just finished watching Dirk Gently on Netflix. Really enjoyed it although was completely confused about what was going on the whole time.

That's a good description, I reckon. Even though it's very strange it's still quite compelling.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the books.

orange is the new black- watched first 4 episodes of season 1, nothing like i thought it would be (so far) but am enjoying it.

orange is the new black- watched first 4 episodes of season 1, nothing like i thought it would be (so far) but am enjoying it.

Will be interested to hear if you stick with it. I really enjoyed the first seven or eight episodes and then quickly lost interest. I think once the story unfolded and prison life and the characters had been revealed and developed a bit it just started to feel like a regular soap opera.

Is Bob's Burgers the best animated sitcom since King of the Hill? I often treat it as background but it's really not fair and I often end up getting invested and laughing, even in episodes I've seen before. It really is so much better than its reputation and it's unfair that it's so ignored.

Is Bob's Burgers the best animated sitcom since King of the Hill? I often treat it as background but it's really not fair and I often end up getting invested and laughing, even in episodes I've seen before. It really is so much better than its reputation and it's unfair that it's so ignored.

I think it's got a great voice cast, but the writing is only so-so.

I like it but Adventure Time, Bojack Horseman and Futurama would be ahead of it for me.

I think it's got a great voice cast, but the writing is only so-so.

I disagree, for me it's able achieve that balance of sentimentality and humour of the best animated sitcoms and is still able to deliver the big belly laughs. I will admit it doesn't have the consistency of KotH or Simpsons Classic but its best is still sublime and its worst highly watchable. The characters are all fully formed and so much of the comedy generated purely from them and their relation to the plot. And it can do homage almost as good as the Simpsons, O.T. being the best example. They seem to go for musical episodes a little more than I'd like but I still stand by my initial contention that it's the best sitcom since KotH. What else has been better?

Out of interest why do you think the writing is so-so?

I like it but Adventure Time, Bojack Horseman and Futurama would be ahead of it for me.

I'm going to put it out there that I still haven't watched Bojack and that probably answers my question to Ironmonger , but Futurama for me fell off a cliff after cancellation and whilst it was still high quality after the return it was never even close to the initial seasons. It was seriously hampered by cancellation and that's not to say it was bad, simply that its first five or so seasons were better than anything else and its current weaker than Bob.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back