FTA-TV TV Shows That Have Aged Poorly

Remove this Banner Ad

Also one of the jokes of Krammer was that the clothes he wore were out of date like he was still stuck in the 70s, but even though still not my style I'd take his wardrobe any day over the majority of the garish stuff that Jerry wore most of the series.

true that- it's kind of funny to think that if the four main characters walked into a bar today dressed in their standard wardrobe, Kramer would actually probably be considered by far the most normally dressed.

I still find the show watchable (would be my fav 80's show anyway). Yes it looks more dated now on HDTV's. Aside from the occasional bad acting, fashion, mono soundtrack and the KITT speedometer (the numbers and things are fine, I hate the vertical lines.... makes it look odd),
kitt11.jpg

I think it holds up rather well. I would have been happy seeing the original KITT in a Knight rider reboot as opposed to them trying to rejig the series with fresher wheels that try to add techno-rubbish to it.

LOL Altitude. I know KITT went airborne a few times but seriously lol.

p.s the 80's were the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Six Million Dollar Man. ha ha

In reality every show is going to have a used by date.
That is why they all eventually come to an end.

Everyday life for all of us changes so rapidly every couple of years , especially the electronic devices we use for communications or entertainment and how that impacts on how we use our spare time in the day or even the way we work.

So you watch a show even from just a decade ago and it seriously is going to look dated.
Watch a show from 30 years ago and going to look and feel like another world even if at the time it might have been cutting edge stuff for the time.

No idea how it's aged but Lost is a unique show. If it was proposed five years earlier (1999) it simply wouldn't have been made and if it was five years later (2009) it would've been a high-end cable show with a different tone and style.

Watched a few episodes on Netflix over summer with my teen who was 1 when it started.

She lost interest towards the end of Season 2....told her to persist but like the rest of the world gave up at that point.

Pity because if you were a die hard it was an awesome ride to the end.

Oh..and it hasn't dated.

Anyone seen Or watched any of these lately>

Drew Carey show.
Will and Grace.
Malcolm in the middle.
Roseanne.
Frasier.
Mad about you & full house both in the seinfeld era would be interesting how they stack up.

I still like Malcolm in the middle, I don't mind watching it once in awhile.

The wonder years was fun to watch as a kid but I hated Full House. The Olsen twins were annoying

Basically, any sci-fi show that relies heavily on effects is going to look like it has aged badly. Ignoring the effects can often reveal that the stories hold up quite well, like much of the original Star Trek. I've been watching the last 10 episodes of DS9 up to its finale and it actually holds up very well, but again, the special effects do look a little primitive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back