FTA-TV TV Shows With a Promising First Season that Fell Away

Remove this Banner Ad

You.

The first season, despite being B Grade, was an interesting concept and enjoyable for that reason alone.

The second season was poor and repetitive, although understandably made because it, like the first season, was based on a book.

Then there was the recent third season. Not based on a book, it tried to tell about six stories, some once again a rehash of the first season, all quite boring and centred around a cast of characters that didn't warrant your emotional interest. By the end, it had gone full Dexter with its suspension of disbelief and holes in logic, and shockingly, set itself up for a fourth season.

Yikes.

Apparently the writers of the OC thought they had like 10 eps, then it got super popular and they were told it was extended but in the same season so they scrambled and just threw every idea they were ever going to have into that first season.

Wife and i watched it back recently and my GOD its just so so much show in the first season.
28 episodes in S1.

I doubt ever a drama show made today would have such a long first season.

Just a note, your wife may be interested in Welcome to the OC Bitch podcast on youtube.

Yeah I watched S1 and 2 of You. That's where I'll leave it.

Am also half way thru S3 of Orange is the New Black. And I'm done with that too tbh.
I got to the final season of Orange and couldnt start it. Its just too much. I should have left that show a long time back.

Heroes.

The writers strike during Season 2 didn't help, but it went from great to unwatchable straight after the first season.
Heroes was awesome that first season, damn they had the ingredients for a great series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back