Movies & TV TV Shows

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello Kitty I know who Tom Hardy is and I am a big fan of his but I don't see how he could be the new Bond
Really?

I think he'll be fantastic, such a huge talent. If he can play those really tough, moody roles, Bond will be a breeze

Stringer bell would make a good bond.

Ha! Stringer was offered the role as Bond, but sadly his tattoo cannot be finished in time

15a4bb33418dcf22991fca514087b275

7TwwAlw.png

WTF? ^^^

Finale of the current Taskmaster series is less than 10 hours away, though I won't get to watch it until tomorrow night anyway.

For those who aren't watching Taskmaster, you should be. It's easily the funniest thing in British tv in a very long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Recently finished watching Mr Mercedes, based on the novel by Stephen King, excellent show with the superb Brendan Gleeson giving a standout performance in the lead role.

A second ten part series has been made, can't wait for it to hit our screens.

Discovered a show on A&E over the summer break called Forged in Fire. Where contestants create swords/knives/daggers/spears from scratch and they're tested on their strength, weight and durability. It's quite fascinating to watch.

Discovered a show on A&E over the summer break called Forged in Fire. Where contestants create swords/knives/daggers/spears from scratch and they're tested on their strength, weight and durability. It's quite fascinating to watch.
What do you mean only just discovered Forged In Fire? They are up to season 5 and frequently run repeats.

I love that show and have watched it the last couple of years whenever I see it's on - full respect to the contestants because the skills they display with building those weapons are something I'm jealous of.

I love when Doug is conducting the "kill" test on the weapons and after he finishes he has that smile on his face & says, "Your weapon will kill" - seems to bring him a lot of joy to say those words.

Also, if you like the original Forged in Fire, they also have another show called "Forged in Fire, Knife or Death" - this time to don't see the contestants build/construct their weapons, but rather they come with their home forged weapons and are put through an obstacle course that can destroy their weapons. So a slightly different style but still quite fascinating in terms of weapons used and even the costumes some of them wear

What do you mean only just discovered Forged In Fire? They are up to season 5 and frequently run repeats.

I love that show and have watched it the last couple of years whenever I see it's on - full respect to the contestants because the skills they display with building those weapons are something I'm jealous of.

I love when Doug is conducting the "kill" test on the weapons and after he finishes he has that smile on his face & says, "Your weapon will kill" - seems to bring him a lot of joy to say those words.

Also, if you like the original Forged in Fire, they also have another show called "Forged in Fire, Knife or Death" - this time to don't see the contestants build/construct their weapons, but rather they come with their home forged weapons and are put through an obstacle course that can destroy their weapons. So a slightly different style but still quite fascinating in terms of weapons used and even the costumes some of them wear
Well I don't normally stray away from the sport channels on Foxtel so it was new to me.

But yeah the skills on display are something else and I wouldn't mind giving it a crack. With the format though I wish they kept everyone until the testing stage as some of them could potentially fix their issues in the next round.

@ Band of Brothers and The Pacific
IMHO BoB is top three best ever series. Everything in it works, each episode and through the whole series. The theme music is fantastic and when rearranged fit different moods, the acting and direction seamless. Doesn't hurt that its mostly nonfiction and that I'm a WW2 fan. I've read the original book its based on, and Eugene Sledge's.
The Pacific is a different beast. Very good but not the cohesive story that BoB is. That theme is a great standalone piece of music but not versatile for anything but intro and credits. That said, each episode was very good and moving by itself.
I enjoy studying the war and especially enjoy learning more about the lesser known battles, rather than the greatest hits that are always trotted out. I recently watched a show produced by a local TV station that raised money to bring vets back to where they had fought, find closure etc. Great idea and their film was well made. Problem for me was that they called it The Forgotten Islands of World War II: A Return to the Hidden Pacific. It was about Iwo, Saipan etc. I was expecting lesser known island. I'm a big fan of the Pacific theater, fly and made terrains for WW2 air sims, and try to find traces of the war around where I live. I keep hoping there are more docus and dramas based on battles like New Guinea, Bougainville, Burma etc. Had hairs on my neck stand up learning about the lost Kokoda battle site.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back