TV/Video Footage of Poker (or of poker players)

Remove this Banner Ad

JuddsABlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeah iveys done a lot of stuff lately you wouldn't exactly call normal

Iveys best player status still probably comes from mix games though considering most his play would be in high stakes mix games. But I haven't heard ppl call him the best in a while though I've always considered that title not to really mean anything

But he's certainly developed a style that tries to profit from his image. I imagine the overbet is an often used weapon in his NLHE arsenal

Gill was in full swing this episode, I'm curious as to how ESPN found him as someone to follow

Enjoying the series again though for the first time in a couple of years

Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Seems Lacey Jones has a lot of upper body to work out.

I think they were saying stuff in that clip but the sound of her cleavage drowned it out.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yeah it's a crack up. Hellmuth being a nit as usual. Stirring from Negreanu added to the lulz.

Why is everyone so happy? :p

Very similar to an Omaha hand between Robl and Antonius at the Aussie Millions a few years ago.

JuddsABlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Watching what looks to be a new season of the Poker Den Big Game

Dominik Nitsche is in the lineup, someone I've played quite a lot with and spent a fair bit of time in Australia on our circuit

Anyway super nice guy and always a pleasure to play with, wish he dressed a little better though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Apparently the University of Waterloo, Toronto is a good grounding for becoming a poker pro

eg. timex, xxl23 (I so would ldo)

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The issue is that the pool is shrinking, no thanks to UIGEA, and if everyone wore hoodies, sunnies and headphones at the table, the game would become far less attractive to prospective players. The cash splash at the SHRs these past few days won't help either. Obviously that's at one end of the spectrum, but I'm sure politicians the world over could point to SHR rebuy tournaments as a reason to stifle the growth of poker, live and/or online.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Poker Night on Wall Street
March 15, 17, 22 or 24: Bloomberg TV, channel 650
"Top-ranked investors and hedge fund managers compete in a winner-takes-all charity poker tournament. Hosted by Trish Regan at the Borgata in Atlantic City."
http://www.pokernews.com/news/2013/...ost-50-000-buy-in-poker-night-on-wa-16583.htm

Underground Poker NYC
March 22 or 23: Nat Geo People, channel 628
"In a world where tens of thousands of dollars change hands every night, New York's underground poker players are addicted to the thrill, the secrets, and the money."

Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
^^
I recall watching the 2nd one when it was on once before. Assuming it's a legit representation, I found it a decent watch. Very 'Noo Yawk' in terms of the players that feature in it.

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
^^
I recall watching the 2nd one when it was on once before. Assuming it's a legit representation, I found it a decent watch. Very 'Noo Yawk' in terms of the players that feature in it.

Yeah, was a good watch

That guy "who runs bad" and owes everyone money was good for a laugh

seems like the stereotypical degenerate

Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
That guy "who runs bad" and owes everyone money was good for a laugh. seems like the stereotypical degenerate
He falls into the classic situation of getting a big stack, and then punting it all away.

I loved it when his nephew arced up and got physical ... and then got taken down. LOL

JuddsABlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
ive only seen one episode of underground poker, everytime its not its the same episode, not sure if its a series and im running bad everytime I turn on the tv or a one off show but it wasnt bad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back