TV/Video Footage of Poker (or of poker players)

Borgsta

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2003
Melb.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Orlando
Re: Video Footage of Poker

Jeremias said:
go to www.guba.com

tyoe in a search for poker or world series of poker or anything like that. There is HEAPS of footage to enjoy :thumbsu:

My god, that is fantastic. THANKYOU :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Edit: My weekend sorted

880334.jpg

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Rather than start a new thread, thought I'd let people know of a Poker documentary on TV. And it starts in 40 minutes.

Poker Kings

3.30pm - 4.30pm SBS
Monday 19 June 2006

This documentary follows the high-stakes journey of five players over 12 months in their quest to win poker's Holy Grail, the World Series of Poker. Along the way, they attempt to weave their personal lives with their obsession, competing with each other and their own frailties in a quest to win the big one, $7.8 million in prize money. Having played poker as an amateur since his student days at MIT, 40 year-old systems analyst Rob Varkonyi finally won the World Series and $2 million in cash after five years of trying. Thirty-six year old Englishman Carlo Citrone is a former gym equipment wholesaler, and after only two years of playing poker, he is a rising star yet to play his first World Series.

Crosby87

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 8, 2005
Not the Rugby board
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins

What's more disturbing is that after he eliminates the two A-K with 9-8, some douche writes "vnh".

It's also disturbing that people are actually calling with K-J.

I had some guy do this to me a while ago. He was a massive chip leader in a tourney, and I was second in chips (but he still had me covered). He didn't crack my Aces, though, but I felt bad for the others in the tourney for getting my chips from the moron the way I did.

Back