Twilight Grand Final 2017

What will happen first?

• Good Friday Football

Votes: 110 81.5%
  • Twilight Grand Final

Votes: 25 18.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

4.30pm late September is basically a day game.
Will not need lights first half. Those at Punt Rd end will be looking into the sun.
Still broad daylight for half time entertainment.
Not sure what this achieves.
We had a 3.20pm start for a few years and nobody noticed the difference. This will be similar.
At least wait until people get home from work.

Actually, I've warmed to the idea. The sooner they try it, the sooner everyone will see just how s**t it really is.
but it wont be labelled as s**t even if it is. the crowd will still be 100k or thereabouts. it will still be the highest rating thing on tv all year.
and even if the 20,000 people who are in the eastern end of the ground all personally complain to Gil about the setting sun, it won't matter.

going the wrong way - should be a 1pm start ! no shadows on ground.

but it wont be labelled as s**t even if it is. the crowd will still be 100k or thereabouts. it will still be the highest rating thing on tv all year.
and even if the 20,000 people who are in the eastern end of the ground all personally complain to Gil about the setting sun, it won't matter.

going the wrong way - should be a 1pm start ! no shadows on ground.
It might take two years then, one for everyone to work out its s**t, then next year, no one will sit in the southern stand, and it may as well be played at Etihad.

Surprising call.

I don't think they listened to the fans at all. It was more comission.
Has a study actually been undertaken by the AFL into what the fans prefer?

Surprising call.

I don't think they listened to the fans at all. It was more comission.
Has a study actually been undertaken by the AFL into what the fans prefer?
Every time a poll is run in the Heraldsun or The Age the result has always been at least 60% support for keeping it as a day game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope backward looking loud mouth idiots like Mark Robinson of the Hun are happy that we just gave the second rate NRL a massive free kick to as usual brag about the massive ratings in prime time they get.In business and war you give your opponents no advantages.

I reckon the the game will go twilight next year under the new chairman ex Westfarmers who just happens to be one of the best business leaders in Australia who knows how to turn a buck and maximize profits and the AFL will also make sure that they get more money as a result of bigger ratings for avdertisers!

I hope backward looking loud mouth idiots like Mark Robinson of the Hun are happy that we just gave the second rate NRL a massive free kick to as usual brag about the massive ratings in prime time they get.In business and war you give your opponents no advantages.

I reckon the the game will go twilight next year under the new chairman ex Westfarmers who just happens to be one of the best business leaders in Australia who knows how to turn a buck and maximize profits and the AFL will also make sure that they get more money as a result of bigger ratings for avdertisers!

The stupid thing is that both Prelim finals are played at NIGHT and I dont hear any "football fans" whingeing about that!

In fact you could claim the it would be much better for the players as it would keep their routine during GF week the same as the week before and I think thats why most of the players and captains have been quoted that would prefer a night GF.

The stupid thing is that both Prelim finals are played at NIGHT and I dont hear any "football fans" whingeing about that!

In fact you could claim the it would be much better for the players as it would keep their routine during GF week the same as the week before and I think thats why most of the players and captains have been quoted that would prefer a night GF.

People dont make Prelim finals an annual event.

Stoked with the AFL showing some common sense for a change and listening to the masses. Looking forward to another quality day with my friends and all the kids.

If it ain't broke why fix it ?

Or you know, If it ain't broke, improve it.

It is going to happen eventually, though they’re not ready for the backlash it seems. This is what the AFL should be doing in 2017

-Broadcast in HD only
-Provide a better quality paid streaming service, like the UFC does. The current option is limited to a 7 inch screen or buy an outdated paid tv service like Foxtel for a riduclous amount of money
-Bring the website up to date, it’s not 2010 anymore
-Broadcast your biggest game of the year in the primetime slot and spend some money on a decent entertainment act
-Get rid of AFLW and focus on making your current product better before trying to expand

Last edited:
Or you know, If it ain't broke, improve it.

It is going to happen eventually, though they’re not ready for the backlash it seems. This is what the AFL should be doing in 2017

-Broadcast in HD only
-Provide a better quality paid streaming service, like the UFC does. The current option is limited to a 7 inch screen or buy an outdated paid tv service like Foxtel for a riduclous amount of money
-Bring the website up to date, it’s not 2010 anymore
-Broadcast your biggest game of the year in the primetime slot and spend some money on a decent entertainment act
-Get rid of AFLW and focus on making your current product better before trying to expand
Legit questions: Why does the game have to be played in Tv prime time? Is the advertising revenue for the game low?

You're a brave man to criticise the AFLW comp here mate! The SJWs will go nuts

Back