Twilight Grand Final all but confirmed - but actually no!

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty much in every one is a Victorian paper.

But id bet the ratings would be higher.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Even the one ran by AFL.Com.au came in at 70%

kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, East Freo, Glory
I would put ratings above it personally.

Ratings would only increase because a- anyone die hard footy fan is going to try and watch the GF no matter where or when its played, b- more people are less likely to have work or other commitments during the night (I would suspect radio listenership would fall if it was at night) and c- more casual general sports fans would probably be more likely to watch it if it was at night because of the lower chance of other commitments occuring.

The average genuinely engaged footy fan would rather keep a day GF.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Ratings would only increase because a- anyone die hard footy fan is going to try and watch the GF no matter where or when its played, b- more people are less likely to have work or other commitments during the night (I would suspect radio listenership would fall if it was at night) and c- more casual general sports fans would probably be more likely to watch it if it was at night because of the lower chance of other commitments occuring.

And there you go.

More eyeballs.

Can't blame them and support them changing it.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
A night or twilight AFL Grand Final would outrate the day one.

A certainty? Even though that is purely speculation, a fair assumption.

I'll speculate............. regardless of the time slot I'd speculate the tv ratings would be very very similar if any change at all.

The biggest sporting event in the country makes that a fair assumption.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS

This.

__Nantes__

Team Captain
Feb 28, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Deadset. I'd love it to stay during the day but its all about getting new fans and casual fans watching in places like sydney
Um, pardon?

The GF should be a celebration for the two clubs involved and the followers of each club. Also passionate fans of Aussie rules/AFL to send off another season and see who is victorious. It has nothing to do with what you stated IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But there is, I want to see the fire and fireworks for the half-time entertainment

Who goes to the game for the half time entertainment! We aren't the Super Bowl (and even they sucked this year)

Demon13304

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Um, pardon?

The GF should be a celebration for the two clubs involved and the followers of each club. Also passionate fans of Aussie rules/AFL to send off another season and see who is victorious. It has nothing to do with what you stated IMO.

You really took that the wrong way, obviously I didn't mean "all about".
The AFL will see it as that and also an opportunity to gain new fans who are watching the biggest game of the year.

Believe me, I love the day timeslot but I'm not going to whinge and moan if they move it forward a few hours. It's not the end of the world or the AFL ffs

__Nantes__

Team Captain
Feb 28, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Believe me, I love the day timeslot but I'm not going to whinge and moan if they move it forward a few hours. It's not the end of the world or the AFL ffs
Likewise.

I just think that the GF should be a priority to focus on the existing flowers of the two clubs etc only.

Leave the "try to grow the game" ideas for another time IMO.

Demon13304

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Likewise.

I just think that the GF should be a priority to focus on the existing flowers of the two clubs etc only.

Leave the "try to grow the game" ideas for another time IMO.

Yeah that's what we want but the AFL wont be leave alone growing the game on their biggest day of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back