twilight grand final is coming boyos

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While McLachlan repeated that the change to evening was inevitable, he also said that a majority of the public still favoured retaining a day grand final, and that "incumbency often prevails'' in decision-making.
"I think it's inevitable, but that's a view about at some point in the future,'' he said.
McLachlan also said the decision was "not a money issue'' and that the league would not receive any further dollars from the broadcasters if they made the switch this year.
"Last year's grand final was one of the best days of sport I've been to ... what a day,'' said McLachlan, who would not be drawn on the recommendation.
"Every room I walk into, every online survey, every focus group - the majority want to keep it.
"You will find incumbency often prevails.''

source- the Age

Doesnt really sound like its a done deal to shift it

Great. Kick to kick in the dark at halftime :'(
You do realise you will still be able to have a 20 min kick to kick at 3:40.

It would just be before the game starts if it is a twilight game.

The arvo bbq either starts a bit later, or simply goes a bit longer. More time to catch-up with mates and enjoy the day...

It really is a non-issue.

While McLachlan repeated that the change to evening was inevitable, he also said that a majority of the public still favoured retaining a day grand final, and that "incumbency often prevails'' in decision-making.
"I think it's inevitable, but that's a view about at some point in the future,'' he said.
McLachlan also said the decision was "not a money issue'' and that the league would not receive any further dollars from the broadcasters if they made the switch this year.
"Last year's grand final was one of the best days of sport I've been to ... what a day,'' said McLachlan, who would not be drawn on the recommendation.
"Every room I walk into, every online survey, every focus group - the majority want to keep it.
"You will find incumbency often prevails.''

source- the Age

Doesnt really sound like its a done deal to shift it

How is the change inevitable if the resounding majority want a day Grand Final? If I wanted to watch a crappy halftime show with fireworks, I'll watch the Superbowl. I'm convinced the AFL just love to find new ways to ruin our game.

The AFL made a decision that was directly against every fan poll opinion out there.

Also, more tv ratings does not mean more individuals watching the game if you actually look into it. But the AFL will try and tell you so.

This isnt a about traditionalism for the sake of it, a day GF is so much better for the majority for a number of reasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back