FTA-TV Twin Peaks

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
It was obvious in season 2 that David Lynch didn't direct all the episodes but he did come back to film the last episode, so I am glad he has full control over Season 3. I believe back then Lynch had a few issues with the network as they weren't happy with Twin Peaks and wanted to end the show. (i can't remember the full details)

From memory they wanted him to divulge who Laura's killer was but he didn't want the series to ever reveal that.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Twin Peaks is fine, but if I'm being honest, I'm probably more confident and interested in the new Top of the Lake. Twin Peaks returning a quarter century later doesn't really do anything for me, it will need Fargo-esque acclaim to pull me in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 10, 2009
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Can't wait for this. I'm hoping for a darker tone like the movie. Loved the TV series but the PG rating meant some limitations for what is essentially a very dark tale. All the David Lynch directed episodes were brilliant in the old series so I'm excited that he's directing the entire new series.

This could be a flop considering it's been 25 years but I assume Lynch would only do this if he had some great ideas for a new series.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
I read there are 18 episodes, seems like a lot.

Excellent. Want as many as possible as hanging out for a show to watch. Only really watching footy at the moment. Need a good tv show to get into and this is one been hanging out for since heard the movie gets a new tv season to delve into. Will be weird though considering over 20 years since but that will probably fit with exactly the type of weird eerie movie it was when I saw it at the cinema back then.

Excellent. Want as many as possible as hanging out for a show to watch. Only really watching footy at the moment. Need a good tv show to get into and this is one been hanging out for since heard the movie gets a new tv season to delve into. Will be weird though considering over 20 years since but that will probably fit with exactly the type of weird eerie movie it was when I saw it at the cinema back then.

You should try and watch the handmaid's tale, another eerie and weird TV show

Anyway I'm surprised there are 18 episodes, I thought David lynch would end up doing 12-13 episodes.

Last edited:

Yeah fair enough i just dont want any pointlessly dragged out plots or filler episodes. Too many shows haven been like that recently but I have more faith in Lynch not to do that. 18 seems an odd number for a cable show too given the usual 12 or 13 per season.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Had never seen this so started watching it on Stan a few months ago. I'm halfway through season 2 and can't really see what all the hype is about - season 1 was alright and yeah its very different with occasional distinctive visuals, but overall I find it messy and meandering with way too many boring pointless subplots. Superstrength memory loss Nadine, lol please, whose idea was that.

I had a HUGE crush on Sherilyn Fenn (Audrey Horne), with those tight jumpers and her weird little trick (tying the cherry stem into a knot) she did with her tongue.

Madchen Amick (Shelly Johnson) for me, damn she was hawt.

Watching back the one thing I hate about the show is that Lara Flynn Boyle character and her dweeby motoribke boyfriend.

x100. Nearly stopped watching in the midst of the love triangle with Laura's cousin.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Had never seen this so started watching it on Stan a few months ago. I'm halfway through season 2 and can't really see what all the hype is about - season 1 was alright and yeah its very different with occasional distinctive visuals, but overall I find it messy and meandering
It's funny because I never watched the tv series. I saw the movie and where my impression is from what I expect this coming year even though it had a tv series. I watched the tv series after the movie at some point but it was not done by the same director so although the story line is related my overall impression and memories are really just about the movie "Fire Walk With Me"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back