FTA-TV Twin Peaks

Remove this Banner Ad

Read this in an interview at pitchfork.com

Jeffries not a tea pot....lol

Why did Phillip Jeffries take the form of a tea kettle?
I sculpted that part of the machine that has that tea kettle spout thing, but I wish I’d just made it straight, because everybody thinks it’s a tea kettle. It’s just a machine.

Did Bowie know that his character was going to appear in that capacity?
No, no, no. He didn’t know that. We got permission to use the old footage, but he didn’t want his voice used in it. I think someone must have made him feel bad about his Louisiana accent in Fire Walk With Me, but I think it’s so beautiful. He wanted to have it done by a legitimate actor from Louisiana, so that’s what we had to do. The guy [voice actor Nathan Frizzell] did a great job.

No, i couldnt tickets to the GF. Instead, I watched the game at Punt Rd Oval and then went down Swan St. Not sure if Judy saw Swan St on Saturday night lol

Sorry to hear you could not be there live.
I was there and saw a woodsmen in the crowd late in second quarter. I knew then, the result to come.

The Blu Ray of 'Twin Peaks:The Return' will be released on December 5th. Expect goodies galore as David Lynch tweeted the release date. I assume he had a hand in the content.

I only watched the episodes once, as the quality of the stream was okay but not what I needed. I figured I'd waited 25 years to see this so another couple of months would be bearable. Now I can watch the show in it's true glory.

(Y)
46d0d2413dc68e44ea90ce1785dc7d4f.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was watching start of Handmaid's Tale via SBS on demand today as it came up somewhere in this thread at one point.
Whilst you browsing movies about to go off their site to watch I see two movies I mentioned in relation to style of part 8 are about to come down from their site.

If you never checked them out and looking for something "strange and wonderful" in next week it might fit the bill. Also did not know a sequel to Space Odyseey 2001. Might check that one out myself.

2010: The Year We Make Contact
PG
United States, 1984
Genre: Thriller, Science Fiction
Language: English, Russian
Director: Peter Hyams
Starring: John Lithgow, Bob Balaban, Helen Mirren, Roy Scheider, Candice Bergen, Keir Dullea, James McEachin, Douglas Rain, Madolyn Smith Osborne, Savely Kramarov, Taliesin Jaffe, Mary Jo Deschanel, Elya Baskin, Dana Elcar, Oleg Rudnik, Natasha Shneider, Vladimir Skomarovsky, Victor Steinbach
What's it about?
This is a sequel to 2001 A Space Odyssey. It is now 2010 and both the Americans and the Russians are racing to get to Jupiter to investigate the black monolith (similar to the one found in Lunar Crater Clavius) which was found by the U.S.S. Discovery in orbit around Jupiter's moons. The U.S.S. Discovery's orbit is rapidly decaying and it will crash into IO but the Americans cannot get there in time to save U.S.S. Discovery. The Russians can get to Jupiter in time but only the Americans have the knowledge to access and awaken the U.S.S. Discovery's H.A.L.9000 sentient computer. This forces a joint American-Soviet space expedition against a backdrop of growing global tensions. The combined expedition is seeking answers to several mysteries. What is the significance of the black monolith? Why did H.A.L.9000 act so bizarrely and terminate 4 of 5 of the U.S.S. Discovery's crew? What happened to David Bowman? Along the way, curious data is detected ...

2010-backdrop.jpg

2001: A Space Odyssey
G
United Kingdom, 1968
Genre: Sci-Fi, Cult
Director: Stanley Kubrick
Starring: William Sylvester, Gary Lockwood, Keir Dullea, Daniel Richter
What's it about?
Four million years ago the tribe of Moonwatcher (Daniel Richter) is engaged in conflict with a rival group. After an encounter with an alien monolith, Moonwatcher leads his tribe to victory when he discovers the use of bones as bludgeons. In the year 2001 the same monolith has been discovered on the moon's surface and an expedition tracking its radio signal is sent to Jupiter. When the rest of the crew are terminated by the ship's computer, HAL (voice of Douglas Rain), surviving astronauts David Bowman (Keir Dullea) and Frank Poole (Gary Lockwood) attempt to disable HAL and complete their mission. Bowman discovers the true nature of the mission, and is himself transported beyond the known universe.

2001: A Space Odyssey Review

2001_704_2.jpg

Altered States
M
United States, 1980
Genre: Drama, Horror, Thriller, Fantasy, Mystery, Science Fiction
Language: English, Spanish
Director: Ken Russell
Starring: William Hurt, Bob Balaban, Blair Brown
What's it about?
A research scientist (William Hurt) explores the boundaries and frontiers of consciousness. Using sensory deprivation and hallucinogenic mixtures from native American shamans, he explores these altered states of consciousness and finds that memory, time, and perhaps reality itself are states of mind.

Ken Russell’s ‘Altered States’ will expand your mind

altered_states_704.jpg

Man, over a month later and only feel like getting a handle of what I experienced in those last couple of hours, just today.
******* trippy stuff. If your version is the same as others, I would be surprised. Got my own version starting to make some kind of sense to me but still very grey and anything but black and white.

Once I had a contemplation of some questions bubbling along in back of my mind, I then may actually look at what people made of it on youtube. Be interesting to see what people get from their own experience that will be so different to what I got from it.

I bought the book online through Dymocks a few days ago- just waiting for my copy to arrive in the mail.

Thanks, I seen online you could get it. Was hoping I could walk into a bookstore and get it this week but sounds like that is my best bet. I watched a preview on youtube by some lady called the Vlog lady that had the book. Thankfully she did not give spoilers but she did say it answers a lot of questions of some characters not covered in season 3 just gone.

I been binge watching youtube on all types of stuff and interviews with actors from it this last week. Took me until last week, that processed enough of what I saw myself before I opened up to listening what others got of the ending. I spent 90 minutes watching some guys youtube description of what he was convinced was going on. I did not buy it but very curious what to see other people projected onto what they saw to see how different they are to what I got out of it. I am finding it fascinating to see different things people got from it.
But Mark Frost as one of the creators will be fascinating what he has added on in book form which probably his own ideas and diverge a bit from Lynch.

I do not expect a 4th season to be made. If it takes so long to set it up and we lost Albert and some actors 4 years older by time to make it, I reckon it is too long. So for me, the book will be the final part of the Lynch-Frost story and maybe Frost made it that way knowing people would want more but could not hack waiting many years again.

Thanks, I seen online you could get it. Was hoping I could walk into a bookstore and get it this week but sounds like that is my best bet. I watched a preview on youtube by some lady called the Vlog lady that had the book. Thankfully she did not give spoilers but she did say it answers a lot of questions of some characters not covered in season 3 just gone.

I been binge watching youtube on all types of stuff and interviews with actors from it this last week. Took me until last week, that processed enough of what I saw myself before I opened up to listening what others got of the ending. I spent 90 minutes watching some guys youtube description of what he was convinced was going on. I did not buy it but very curious what to see other people projected onto what they saw to see how different they are to what I got out of it. I am finding it fascinating to see different things people got from it.
But Mark Frost as one of the creators will be fascinating what he has added on in book form which probably his own ideas and diverge a bit from Lynch.

I do not expect a 4th season to be made. If it takes so long to set it up and we lost Albert and some actors 4 years older by time to make it, I reckon it is too long. So for me, the book will be the final part of the Lynch-Frost story and maybe Frost made it that way knowing people would want more but could not hack waiting many years again.

Maybe try going into Dymocks or Readings, they might have the book available in store.

I havent watched many youtube clips lately, all these different theories are overwhelming and confusing at times. Instead, I am looking forward to reading the book by Mark Frost.

Agreed, I dont think we will get a season 4 and it's probably unnecessary, and perhaps this book offers some closure.

Maybe try going into Dymocks or Readings, they might have the book available in store.

I havent watched many youtube clips lately, all these different theories are overwhelming and confusing at times. Instead, I am looking forward to reading the book by Mark Frost.

Agreed, I dont think we will get a season 4 and it's probably unnecessary, and perhaps this book offers some closure.

That made me laugh. I am sure it answers a lot of questions about characters and things that happened but I am really not expecting closure at all.

Yeah, I'll make a journey into the city later in week and see if I can track it down. I am really hungry to read it even though I did not read or have any interest in the other one he did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back