FTA-TV Twin Peaks

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking to start watching this, should I watch the old season first or can I just started with the new season not knowing what it's about?

Reckon there would not be much issue watching new season on it's own. But at minimum I suggest spending a good 2 hours watching the movie "Fire Walk With Me". Then if you feel inclined watch a bit of season one, but just keep in mind this will be 25 years ago back in this township of Twin Peaks. I might watch a bit of season one before May 22 and maybe the last episode of season 2. Probably saw it in early 1990s on hired DVD or even video tapes back then after I saw the movie. I am intending to watch the movie Fire Walk with Me on weekend some time. I found it online. Not sat down and watched it yet https://ok.ru/video/252375861868
Not sure I watched it in full since I saw it at the cinemas but will use that link to watch it at some stage. Would love to see it on the big screen again before May 22 if it showing anywhere, anyone know of.

Reading from an article....

One last clue from Lynch: The film “Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me,” he says, is very important to understanding what’s coming May 21.

I think the blue rose and what that means in terms of FBI cases will find out more about.
Not sure whatever happened to Chris Isaak character.

So basically watch the movie before series two, but not really necessary to re watch the original series one???

I just watched the movie last night for first time in decade or two. I am not going to bother watching the tv series replays. For some reason happy for them to remain in the 90's in my mind. The movie in itself is enough for me to get my mind attuned to what weird and wonderful s**t to expect in 2 weeks time when 2017 Twin Peaks starts. If there is something in the 2017 version that has me wonder about the period straight after the movie will consider looking up then but sense it will be more fun viewing without bothering with the old tv series.

If you wanted to watch a bit of both I think in reading articles if you watched the movie then double episode pilot of season one and maybe episode 7 of season two? and final episode maybe that is enough. More than anything watch the movie at minimum.

The trailer definitely reminds me of Inland Empire and Lost Highway's trailer, both eerie and dark. Leaving us guessing and wondering what is happening

I think after Inland Empire, Lynch started working on other projects moving away from film besides he isnt interested in making box office type movies.

You should watch Blue Velvet and Eraserhead (if you havent seen them yet). Eraserhead is weird!

I thought Lost Highway, Mulholland Dve and Inland Empire were all extremely similar thematically, like 3 different ways of telling the same story. Loved them all, Lost Highway my favourite but Mulholland a very close second. Ive only seen Inland Empire once smoked a massive bowl of weed and was half asleep when this terrifying high pitch scream woke me up and scared the s**t out of me.

I thought Lost Highway, Mulholland Dve and Inland Empire were all extremely similar thematically, like 3 different ways of telling the same story. Loved them all, Lost Highway my favourite but Mulholland a very close second. Ive only seen Inland Empire once smoked a massive bowl of weed and was half asleep when this terrifying high pitch scream woke me up and scared the s**t out of me.

I also found those 3 movies had a similar narrative or theme, very Lynch like.

I remember seeing Inland Empire at the movies and I won't forget one scene with Laura Dern running towards the camera...that was scary, especially on the big screen.. Here's the scene:

I always like the diner scenes, it was such a typical small town feel with their great coffee and cherry pie.
Apparently a few places around Melbourne are going to dress their cafe's or restaurants up in theme of this in coming weeks , including the menu's .. haha. Hopefully Bob is not invited.

rr-21080-ra.jpg

twinpeaks_100_02674-r.jpg

rr-01248.jpg

Apparently a few places around Melbourne are going to dress their cafe's or restaurants up in theme of this in coming weeks , including the menu's .. haha. Hopefully Bob is not invited.

Vinyl floors, neon signs and “damn fine” coffee – the Gelato Messina store in Richmond will be transforming into the Double R Diner in honour of the ’90s cult TV series Twin Peaks.

The pop-up is being held to celebrate the return of David Lynch’s much-loved surrealist crime drama (the new season begins on Stan on May 22).

Messina is making a limited-edition cherry gelato pie for the occasion, one that Special Agent Dale Cooper would no doubt approve of. The store will give away 100 slices of the pie – 50 from 12pm and 50 from 5pm.

As well as the pie, Messina has whipped up three Twin Peaks-themed flavours.

The Twin Peaks takeover is a collaboration between Messina, Stan and Pedestrian.

“When they came to us with the original idea, it was just like, wow that’s an amazing show, it’s got such a good cult following and we could really add something to it in terms of the product,” said Messina’s brand manager Sian Baker.

The pop-up runs on Thursday May 25 between 12pm and 4pm, and later between 5pm and 10pm.

No word yet on whether the Log Lady will be in attendance.

The Double R Diner will be at Gelato Messina in Richmond on Monday May 25. A second pop-up is happening at Messina's Newtown store in Sydney on May 22.

https://www.broadsheet.com.au/melbourne/food-and-drink/article/twin-peaks-gelato-messina-victoria

Hanging out so bad reading any new articles on it. ha ha. Most are crap but this one seems a good read.
Some interesting comments I tend to agree with.

Lost, Fargo, Sopranos and Other Creators on How Twin Peaks Influenced Them
Eliana Dockterman
May 11, 2017

Television history is divided into two eras: before Twin Peaks and after.

David Chase, The Sopranos
If you look at TV drama since its inception, shows would tell the audience what they were going to see, show it to them and then tell them what they've seen. Nobody was ever puzzled by what was going on. With Twin Peaks, Lynch and Frost show it to you and leave you thinking, "What did I just see?" That was revolutionary, and it still is.

Everything was mysterious. I don't mean, "When did the perp killed the vic?" I mean the weather, the trees, the donuts. The dream sequences were more nightmare-like than anything I'd seen before—Fellini, Hitchcock, you name it. Lynch dug them up from the bottom of his unconscious. To articulate something that's so strange yet feels so familiar is incredible, especially in a factory setting like a TV series where you have to do one after another, boom, boom, boom. I was just beguiled by it.

Full article can be found at http://time.com/4769270/twin-peaks-lost-fargo-sopranos/
Will read the rest now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took me a while to get through it all, but can see why many of my favourite dramas have Twin Peaks to thank.

Maybe not as ground-breaking when you're watching it for the first time in 2017 as it would have been in 1990, but that didn't stop me from loving the hell out of a lot of it.

Looking forward to the return - if anything for new David Lynch. It's bound to be beautiful, haunting and bizarre but I think the success of it will depend on how good the new characters and stories are.

So basically watch the movie before series two, but not really necessary to re watch the original series one???

Feel like you should watch season one irregardless of the new season. It's an all-timer season of television and being only 7 episodes, an easy watch. Took me nearly two months to go through season two.

Having re-watched Fire Walk With Me, the movie recently, I feel Cole's Blue Rose cases will be known a bit more about what that even means. We had Special Agent Chester Desmond go missing when he was at Carl's Fat Trout Trailer Park when he was re-visiting there looking at a ring Teresa Bank had before she was murdered by Leland Palmer, a year before he killed his own daughter Laura Palmer with the same ring on her. The character Phillip Jeffries had gone missing for about two years according to Gordon Cole. What happened there?
Also Special Agent Dale Cooper was always referencing Diane when he spoke into his device to record a audio diary of his investigation thoughts. We never saw her. We will now....

Agent Sam Stanley did not go missing but we never saw him again after he flew back from the Teresa Bank's investigation. More on all of this and some of these FBI team of people I sense will come into this actual series in 2017.

Last edited:
Not mentioned in this thread yet (perhaps it has been in some of the you tube clips, i haven't watched yet) but for those playing at home and wondering why Twin Peaks is being revived now - in the last episode, inside the Black Lodge, Laura says to Cooper "see you in 25 years"

Yes! I remember that line and most fans have been waiting for the show to come back, 25 yrs later.

A few other David Lynch screenings coming up:

Take a break from your Twin Peaks binge and get to know the man behind the series a little better through David Lynch: The Art of Life.

With the return of Twin Peaks this month, the spotlight is once again on the auteur. The series, along with his movies Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive, has a cult following across the world.

David Lynch: The Art Life tries to decipher the mind of the elusive director, whose work has often been as ambiguous and mysterious as the man himself. Filmed over three years, the documentary offers an intimate insight into the creative process and life of a true artist.

As Detective Dale Cooper would say, it’s a “damn fine” documentary.

David Lynch: The Art of Life screens as part of the American Essentials Film Festival at Palace Cinemas, May 14–24. Fill out the form bellow for your chance to win a double pass.

https://www.broadsheet.com.au/melbourne/entertainment/article/david-lynch-art-life-giveaway-victoria

and, at Astor Theatre

http://www.astortheatre.net.au/sessions/2017-05-20-1930

Remove this Banner Ad

Back