Fact Twins - players who are twins

Remove this Banner Ad

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Fascinated about which VFL/AFL players are twins. (Triplets allowed in this list.)

Not just twins who both played at the highest level, but even just a twin who played at the highest level.

Brad Scott and Chris Scott are stand out obvious twins.

Max King and Ben King are on lists now.

But then there are twins in the singular who played AFL but we might not know they are a twin.

Gavin Brown of Collingwood is a twin (with a twin sister).

Who else?

Thought of a few more.

Alistair Lord
Stewart Lord

Ryan Lonie
Nathan Lonie

George Lockwood
Edward Lockwood (both early days in the league and fine players)

Simon Atkins the Axe
Paul Atkins

Adam Selwood
Troy Selwood (these twins are also brothers of Scott and Joel)

Mike Richardson was a twin as well with brother
Stephen Richardson (played one game)

Shane and Darryl Wakelin are twins, as are Steven and Matthew Febey.

On this subject, does anyone know of any more players past or present who have fraternal twin sisters like Gavin Brown?

Fascinated about which VFL/AFL players are twins. (Triplets allowed in this list.)

Not just twins who both played at the highest level, but even just a twin who played at the highest level.

Brad Scott and Chris Scott are stand out obvious twins.

Max King and Ben King are on lists now.

But then there are twins in the singular who played AFL but we might not know they are a twin.

Gavin Brown of Collingwood is a twin (with a twin sister).

Who else?
AFL Record Season (Guide) 2019 lists 21 sets of twins who have played in the VFL/AFL:

Paul and Simon Atkins
Mitchell and Nathan Brown
Bert and Ivor Clay
David and Donald Cockatoo-Collins
Fred and Keith Cook
Matthew and Steven Febey
Ian and Keith Fleming
Dave and Doug Gillespie
Alex and Harold Hanton
Michael and Nigel Kol
Jake and Kade Kolodjashnij
Chris and Frank Laird
George and Teddy Lockwood
Nathan and Ryan Lonie
Alistair and Stewart Lord
Ed and Nick Lower
Charlie and Wally Naismith
Michael and Stephen Richardson
Brad and Chris Scott
Adam and Troy Selwood
Darryl and Shane Wakelin

Ben and Harry McKay are not named, but should be, so that makes 22 sets of twins (to play VFL/AFL football).

Among current players, (one you'll like, Saintly!) the Western Bulldogs' Will Hayes (son of David Hayes) has a twin brother.
Reece Conca has a twin sister.

Last edited:
Great work 35Daicos

I really should have thought of Will Hayes.

I’m very keen for this list to grow with the birth twins.

I’ve never heard of a triplet playing, be fascinating if there was even one of them.

From AFL Record Season (Guide) 2019:
While it says 20 documented cases they actually have 21 here (as well as leaving the McKay twins off the list)!

Looking at the above list, GWS have not had a twin playing for them to date and University never had a twin in their 7 year tenure from 1908-1914, but what is remarkable is that the Adelaide Crows have never had a twin in their 29 years.

Although this list only contains twins where both brothers played senior football. I'm not sure if there are any Adelaide, GWS or University twins whose brother never played senior football, or were brother/sister twins.

Looking at the above list, GWS have not had a twin playing for them to date and University never had a twin in their 7 year tenure from 1908-1914, but what is remarkable is that the Adelaide Crows have never had a twin in their 29 years.

Although this list only contains twins where both brothers played senior football. I'm not sure if there are any Adelaide, GWS or University twins whose brother never played senior football, or were brother/sister twins.
GWS' Callan Ward, as suggested in an earlier post, has a twin (sister).

Darryl Wakelin was on Adelaide's list for a couple of years, but did not play a senior game.

Last edited:
I looked up twins on Wikipedia and found that Tony Liberatore has an identical twin brother Fred who did not play senior football.

Fredi is a body builder.

I am an identical twin, when i started playing they gave us numbers 20 and 21 because of the Febey's. I wasn't happy about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Noble who will make his debut for Collingwood on Friday night is a twin.

Identical twins.

Also as an aside the only pure named, John on an AFL list.

Scott West has a twin brother (Brent).

His older brother (Troy) was a very good VFA/VFL footballer.

Scott West has a twin brother (Brent).

His older brother (Troy) was a very good VFA/VFL footballer.
Thanks Mofra.

I’m liking people are getting into naming not just both twins that have played the game but rather players who are actual twins.

Still searching for an elusive triplet :)

I thought Andrew and Duncan Kellaway were twins. I was wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back