TWLS

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2015
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
GWS Giants
Well Joondalup is halfway between Yanchep and Perth. So a 2nd Tier Stadium there make a good centre for the north-western corridor.

View attachment 1048351
Thanks for the map - Should point out for non Perthies - The housing estates up there are not confined to the coastal strip which lies between the now 4 lane Marmion Ave to Yanchep and the beaches. New Estates are appearing east of Marmion Ave and the to be Perth- Yanchep railway line.
It looks like the Yanchep National Park may constrain some development at Yanchep but that is years away.
Also Yanchep is not the furtherest the population has spread - Two Rocks is further North from Yanchep but is currently small and is on the edge of the Crayfishing areas up the coast.
One final point, various State Govts have looked into the future and as a result that region within 3/6 years will be served by the Mitchell Freeway and the Perth-Yanchep railway. The region just cannot be ignored - It will be in the future too big to overlook.

Rob

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
They've been talking about it for years. I'll believe it when I see it.

Don't underestimate the council's ability to come on at the last minute and block it due to a lack of solar panels or water recycling.

TWLS

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2015
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
GWS Giants

Don't underestimate the council's ability to come on at the last minute and block it due to a lack of solar panels or water recycling.
The capacity of 16,000 is not up to AFL requirements considering the crowds at Optus for both AFL clubs. However if Optus not avail for some reason you never know but then the WACA might be used. Lots of speculation on this.
The old wall in front of the old prison facing the oval is coming down- Cannot recall seeing guards walking along it way back.

Rob

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
The capacity of 16,000 is not up to AFL requirements considering the crowds at Optus for both AFL clubs. However if Optus not avail for some reason you never know but then the WACA might be used. Lots of speculation on this.
The old wall in front of the old prison facing the oval is coming down- Cannot recall seeing guards walking along it way back.
There's not any intention to ever play AFL games there. Only pre-season and AFLW.

16,000 is more than necessary - i'm more concerned that there's enough for 5,000 people to be able to sit in relative comfort. Hopefully the terracing in the North West corner has some decent seating and cover, they upgrade the seating in the Victoria Pavilion and the new SFFC clubrooms have a couple of thousand good seats as well.
But like I said, i'll believe it when I see it.

Freo Big Fella

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2003
The great wide north
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WA, Australia

Still plenty of time for the Freo Society to jump up and demand the cultural and historic aesthetic of a car park in between the oval and the grandstand is preserved in any new design too.

Remove this Banner Ad