News Two AFL executives resigning

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty tricky area when one is the others boss at work. Or more senior.
It still comes down to the women involved being adults, at what age is it considered a sackable offence to shag a co worker or employee? There would be a few politicians/workers/business men around who would be in trouble if shagging a younger employee was a reason for letting someone go.

Are the 2 ladies involved just helpless victims of dirty old men?

It still comes down to the women involved being adults, at what age is it considered a sackable offence to shag a co worker or employee? There would be a few politicians/workers/business men around who would be in trouble if shagging a younger employee was a reason for letting someone go.

Are the 2 ladies involved just helpless victims of dirty old men?

If you were a boss of a large organisation and your most important employees were having affairs with women in the office I think it'd be fair enough to question what they're putting their energy into while at work. On top of that you'd worry about any pressure they've put on these women and how it effects their work.

If you were a boss of a large organisation and your most important employees were having affairs with women in the office I think it'd be fair enough to question what they're putting their energy into while at work. On top of that you'd worry about any pressure they've put on these women and how it effects their work.
So they were forced into having an affair?

If one of our senior married players had an affair with say a 20 year old girl who worked for our club should they be fired from the club? Lust is a strong desire?

Weren't these affairs between consenting sound of mind adults?
That's one way of looking at it.
Orrr, senior management having illicit affairs with junior staff, that not only speaks about their integrity, but also clearly affected colleagues enough for them to speak out. Whether they were in love or just taking advantage of each other (or just the mangers taking advantage of their positions) it's not on in the work place, particularly when trying to hide it.

If one of our senior married players had an affair with say a 20 year old girl who worked for our club should they be fired from the club? Lust is a strong desire?

Possibly. If there was more to this story you'd understand why the AFL wouldn't want it to be public.

I think you'd seriously question whether or not they should stay. You also have to remember the AFL would be worried about their image.

Orrr, senior management having illicit affairs with junior staff, that not only speaks about their integrity, but also clearly affected colleagues enough for them to speak out. Whether they were in love or just taking advantage of each other (or just the mangers taking advantage of their positions) it's not on in the work place, particularly when trying to hide it.

Good point.

jason pm what happens when the young lady gets a promotion over one of her coworkers? How would that coworker feel getting passed over by someone sleeping with senior management?

Or the young lady goes to Lethlean and says give me the promotion or I'll tell your wife. It has great potential to get very ugly.
Corruptability is a big issue.

What if someone else found out & used it against the afl.

If they're willing to compromise their marriage & hide it what else might they be willing to do.

Always more to it than just legal / illegal

It still amounts to sexual harassment and taking advantage of your position. If we spin the table completely and presume the men were not predatory, but were seduced by vixens, out for favour, then the managers have behaved poorly by not avoiding such a situation. The short answer, Jason, is that it is not acceptable for managers to be having an affair with staff. If they are that enamoured with each other, then it has to be completely honest and transparent, preferably with one of them being shifted so that they aren't directly in charge or answerable to the other.

Don't agree unless there was some sort of overt coercion or demand involved from the men, then it could be a criminal matter.

I think we need to stay out of the bedroom of consenting sound of mind adults. We are being patronizing to the women involved if we paint them as damsels in distress or victims of the evil male IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a very black and white view on this. Adults are adults and can do whatever they want with and to each others bodies. Who is the arbiter of what is moral and what is not.

I have a very black and white view on this. Adults are adults and can do whatever they want with and to each others bodies. Who is the arbiter of what is moral and what is not.

It's not just a moral decision. It could have a very large impact on his work and it could really hurt the image of the AFL.

Don't agree unless there was some sort of overt coercion or demand involved from the men, then it could be a criminal matter.

I think we need to stay out of the bedroom of consenting sound of mind adults. We are being patronizing to the women involved if we paint them as damsels in distress or victims of the evil male IMO.
Why overt coercion? If the young lady has stars in her eyes, because of the senior person's position, power or wealth, then she has been taken advantage of. In your analogy of a player and office staffer, and I imagine it is quite common for young women to lust after sport stars, it is the player's responsibility not to take advantage. There is more to weigh up than "will she".
Unfortunately, in the example you've given, it would be less likely for the player to be sacked, but the young woman would be paid and out the door quicker than she could scream harassment. Would that be right? That is the potential position these women faced as well. Adult or not, there is power and privelige involved and with that comes responsibility.
Surely they can control themselves, being adults & all.

Good point.

jason pm what happens when the young lady gets a promotion over one of her coworkers? How would that coworker feel getting passed over by someone sleeping with senior management?
The world and hence the workplace will never be perfect, this sort of shagging has been going on since man first walked on the planet. We are creatures of emotion, desires, lust etc. it is in our DNA, female and male. Shagging is an enjoyable pastime and form my experience women enjoy it just as much as men, or maybe more.

The world and hence the workplace will never be perfect, this sort of shagging has been going on since man first walked on the planet. We are creatures of emotion, desires, lust etc. it is in our DNA, female and male. Shagging is an enjoyable pastime and form my experience women enjoy it just as much as men, or maybe more.

I would have thought the human race has evolved to a stage where we can control our lust. There are a lot of emotions, desires, etc. we have to control in the workplace.

Skoob jackess I don't think we will ever agree on this, we have polar opposite views on adults and what is acceptable and moral when it comes to consensual sex. IIRC I think Gill said in his presser that he did not receive any complaint from the women involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back