Rumour Two Collingwood players under investigation for COVID breach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to Wells' until 7:30am and then driven home by the boys in blue?

Wells has never drank a drop in his life.

Something stinks.

I hope ASADA has popped around for a chat already.

I think Wellsy has dipped his toe into the water and will now enjoy the odd beer or wine.

He's definitely not holding up the bar with Steele until 7:30am though.

i know its against the rule but i get the thing about visiting a mate to check he is OK after a significant injury.

what i don't get is when was it deemed acceptable for players to go out drink during the footy season? I thought this was standard for all AFL clubs to have a no drinking protocols during the season?
See my earlier post , had the police not been involved this may not have got out. The drinking bit is more of internal club rule unless you do a lachie hunter.

AFL website reporting that Pies and the AFL are thrashing out the ban... Since when does a club get to negotiate a ban? I don't recall 'negotiations' for the last dozen players banned.

AFL want four weeks whereas Collingwood believe what Steele did was worthy of only 2.

Article reporting it like this is normal!?

Wth, Eddie is worth his weight in gold to that club.
Wish we got to thrash out our punishments with the AFL.

Article reporting it like this is normal!?

Wth, Eddie is worth his weight in gold to that club.
Wish we got to thrash out our punishments with the AFL.

like the one you got for 2006?

You guys did a decent enough job on that one i reckon.

AFL website reporting that Pies and the AFL are thrashing out the ban... Since when does a club get to negotiate a ban? I don't recall 'negotiations' for the last dozen players banned.

AFL want four weeks whereas Collingwood believe what Steele did was worthy of only 2.
Will Collingwood punishment run concurrently with afls?

Colin Carter and Chris Scott having a good old laugh this morning.

The moment Ed started shooting his mouth off about Jack Steven, it was inevitable a star Magpie would be in the news for the wrong reasons before too long.

like the one you got for 2006?

You guys did a decent enough job on that one i reckon.

Yeah - the Ben Cousin's era was certainly buried under the rug by the AFL!! We're lucky to even know about it haha.

Haha you must be one of the super-intelligent, sheltered Big Footy posters / AFL fans who have obviously been home schooled and have bought into the narrative that no other club's cashed up young athletes take recreational drugs.

Worst example ever - any player from that era (15 years ago) so much as farts it still make just as much noise as transgressions made by current players today.

Colin Carter and Chris Scott having a good old laugh this morning.

The moment Ed started shooting his mouth off about Jack Steven, it was inevitable a star Magpie would be in the news for the wrong reasons before too long.
Can't wait for Eddie to want the opposite of what he expected from Geelong & Steven

I think the last time the media mentioned a negotiation between a club and the AFL concerning a player ban was for Jayden Stephenson's gambling indiscretion.

Not sure if this happens routinely, eg with McKenna, or it's just a Collingwood thing (which I doubt).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you have a negotiated/negotiable fixture, it will happen. Collingwood are doing the AFL a 'favour' by going to WA apparently

More wisdom from our hero :thumbsu:

Spare me your boo hoo virtue signalling. Dunn is a limited, dirty player.

And....may have played a role in having the AFL season to come a halt.

It makes zero difference whether I say this from the comfort of my couch, my work place or in person.
Must be difficult for you to be a half decent person, hey?

AFL want 4 and Ed wants 2.

What's the betting it will be a game ban.

Wasn't Sidey on the squirt as well.?

There's already so much inconsistency with these bans.

Wines 1, Kozzie 1, Spargo 2, McKenna 0 (he's only available this week because his quarantine is over).

Who knows what Steele and the Brush will get. It's a friggen lottery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back