Rumour Two Collingwood players under investigation for COVID breach.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL website reporting that Pies and the AFL are thrashing out the ban... Since when does a club get to negotiate a ban? I don't recall 'negotiations' for the last dozen players banned.

AFL want four weeks whereas Collingwood believe what Steele did was worthy of only 2.

This isnt exactly a standard ban lol So i guess they are trying to sift through what he did and didn't do.

If someone said last year a player will be getting 4 weeks for catching an uber , seeing a teammate for longer than two hours and then hanging out with an ex team mate....

Connor should still be isolating, what strings did Essendon pull for that? 1 week served whilst self isolating and 2 days after that cleared to play? Highly suspicious.
Not really. You cannot seriously be thinking that Essendon somehow has the DHHS in their pocket in the middle of a pandemic.
McKenna's breaches were determined to be minor.

Still idiotic for Steele to do what he did after all of that.

We pull all the strings. We're Essendon. We do whatever we feel like doing. Hard to believe some people still don't get this.
[/QU
Not really. You cannot seriously be thinking that Essendon somehow has the DHHS in their pocket in the middle of a pandemic.
McKenna's breaches were determined to be minor.

Still idiotic for Steele to do what he did after all of that.
I’d like the AFL to be transparent about who made that decision. The man tested positive, I Haven’t heard of anyone else testing positive and not isolating for 14 days.
Going to several open for inspections is just as idiotic.

They have to go go hard with punishment, one week ban isn't preventing the players from fing up.
It makes you wonder how many other players are doing this stuff and not getting caught.
True, but there is a difference between "not getting caught" and "not getting caught half naked and taken home in the back of a Paddy Wagon"

"The Author reserves the right to re-edit this post should further information come to hand"

Last edited:
True, but there is a difference between "not getting caught" and "not getting caught and taken home in the back of a Paddy Wagon"
Now you are just making things up, he wasn’t charged with anything and did not go home in the back of a Paddy Wagon.

Now you are just making things up, he wasn’t charged with anything and did not go home in the back of a Paddy Wagon.

“Police officers located a 29-year-old man in Hanmer Street, Williamstown on Sunday morning 28 June just before 7.30am,” Victoria Police told 7NEWS.com.au.

“He was not charged with any offence and after speaking to police was conveyed home.”

Must be difficult for you to be a half decent person, hey?
Perhaps I should aspire to be like Lynden Dunn?

A person who I've seen in his time at Melbourne/Collingwood elbow and punch opposition players from behind when the ball is at the other end of the ground. He's also acted this way on 1st year players too. A player with a bullies mentality overcompensating because he can't contribute to the team or and beat his opponent on his own merits.

So basically.....when a shitbag like him stuffs up and jeopardise our competition....I have zero qualms throwing shade his way.

Have a lovely day and try adding a teaspoon of stevia to your soy latte......might go down easier.

There's already so much inconsistency with these bans.

Wines 1, Kozzie 1, Spargo 2, McKenna 0 (he's only available this week because his quarantine is over).

Who knows what Steele and the Brush will get. It's a friggen lottery.

you are probably trying to be cheeky.............but you not exactly reporting that correctly....

McKenna got 1 week but he was quarantined due to a false positive.

Perhaps I should aspire to be like Lynden Dunn?

A person who I've seen in his time at Melbourne/Collingwood elbow and punch opposition players from behind when the ball is at the other end of the ground. He's also acted this way on 1st year players too. A player with a bullies mentality overcompensating because he can't contribute to the team or and beat his opponent on his own merits.

So basically.....when a shitbag like him stuffs up and jeopardise our competition....I have zero qualms throwing shade his way.

Have a lovely day and try adding a teaspoon of stevia to your soy latte......might go down easier.
Saw Carey do that to players on plenty of occasions. He slept with captain’s wife, glasses his gf, took cocaine and verbally abused a stranger on the street. Norf have had plenty of shitbags over the years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you are probably trying to be cheeky.............but you not exactly reporting that correctly....

Even if he tested negative in the end, he was still confirmed to have breached conditions that players have been placed under. Still should've gotten 1 week minimum.

Even if he tested negative in the end, he was still confirmed to have breached conditions that players have been placed under. Still should've gotten 1 week minimum.

he did get a week.....

he was already in quarantine so he just served time concurrently.

Are you suggesting that he should have done his quarantine period (for a false positive) and THEN done a 1 week suspension?

So Buckley basically saying Sidebottom doesn’t have much recollection of the night because he was hammered 🍺🍺

"Reduced alcohol tolerance"
Is this what we call "shitfaced" these days?

So Buckley basically saying Sidebottom doesn’t have much recollection of the night because he was hammered 🍺🍺

If that's the excuse they are going for, I look forward to a police investigation into the officers for not charging Sidebottom for being drunk in a public place.

There is zero evidence it was a false positive. You are either lying or just talking out your arse.

And the AFL gave him no penalty. Vic Health did. Then let him out a few days early.

And you lot wonder why the rest of the country wants to put a giant wall aroundyou.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back