Rumour Two Collingwood players under investigation for COVID breach.

Remove this Banner Ad

So I assume Daniel Wells will be stood down
A Collingwood 'staff member' seems just as accountable for what happened as Sidebottom.
He has an interestingly loosely defined role there. I wonder what he’s getting paid given that he agreed to take a significant pay cut last year without needing to. I’m sure the two things aren’t linked

Laughed at that bit too. Also it factually incorrect isn’t it as they got an Uber to Howes joint..that’s s breach.

Dunn drove to Howes, as Sidey and Howe had been drinking from early Saturday afternoon. Dunn then organised an Uber to take him home, and not drive his car back home, and Sidey shared the Uber with him.

Nice of Eddie to try and make Sidebottom into the hero of the story

He is taking a 4 week suspension for the good of the game lol

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The next player who stuffs up will get life.
Maybe they should...the season is on the brink of collapse, the only thing that can save it is players following the ******* rules. If they don't the livelihood of hundreds of footballers and thousands of AFL staff are at stake.

I don't know what would concern me the most. That a senior player, a leader, doesn't have the brains or discipline to obey COVID-19 rules, or that the coach says the player has no recollection of events. Either way, not good.
Surely the President saying he is proud of the players actions beats both. A club with such poor leadership at the very top is a seriously big issue.

Watching Ed on FC last night, it's plain to see just how much power he has at Collingwood.

When Lloyd questioned whether Sidey should lose the vice captaincy, Ed says he won't.
Lloyd says "that should be up to Bucks". Ed replies, "no, it's a board decision and the board say's he won't".

So, not only does he undermine Bucks, now he apparently speaks for the whole board.

If he would've just said "the club is very disappointed and no one is more remorseful than Sidey",
everyone moves on.

But his ridiculous comments keep it in the headlines.

Bucks should drop him from VC just as a show of strength against Eddie.

The insistence that it's the board rather than football department decision is insane
Eddie has lost the plot on this completely and needs a break, and someone needs to sit him down and tell him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back