Physics Two Dimensional Flat Black Hole?

Remove this Banner Ad

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
As first proposed by Leonard Susskind,a team of physicists lead by Danielle Pranzetti have come up with calculations to support their estimates of the amount of entropy in a black hole. They are calling their new approach Loop Quantum Gravity (LQG)
They are suggesting a hologram hypothesis that can be best explained as a 3 dimensional basketball hoop. The ring is the event horizon and the net is where the matter falls and disappears. You then push the net up into the ring to form a flat 2 dimensional surface,and therefore no actual hole or inside.
Does anyone know anything about this theory and like to discuss further?

Any links or backing or research or data or just anything?

Would have thought most genuine science people would have been aware,sorry man.
There are multiple articles but you'll find one by Bec Crew on Science Alert dated 1st June 2016.
If you read that article you can go from there i guess,I also remember seeing something in The Daily Galaxy and there should be a link from the Bec Crew article to something in Science Explorer.
You could probably just google Danielle Pranzetti the head physicist of the research study,who was mentioned in the op,and there should be further information there and probably multiple links.

Yeah, but do you have a link that describes what you were talking about?
See above for the reply to the other dude and goggle it or just discuss what you already know. Cheers man.

You then push the net up into the ring to form a flat 2 dimensional surface,and therefore no actual hole or inside.
Does anyone know anything about this theory and like to discuss further?
Based on Susskind's lectures, I don't think that description is correct. According to him, there really is an event horizon and a singularity at the centre.

Based on Susskind's lectures, I don't think that description is correct. According to him, there really is an event horizon and a singularity at the centre.
The theory isn't Susskinds, the theory has been developed by a team led by Danielle Pranzetti,they have taken his theories further.

Did you get around to looking at the research you asked for that I kindly supplied twice? Or was your comment more in regard to your own negativity in regards to the subject?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back