Review Two goals in a derby, it's over - Rd 16, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

How was the presser?

The usual array of metaphors, cliches and talking about how good we are.

I s**t you not, Ross just said "I don't think anybody expected to go through the season undefeated". I'm not sure he grasps the gravity of tonight's performance.

The usual array of metaphors, cliches and talking about how good we are.

I s**t you not, Ross just said "I don't think anybody expected to go through the season undefeated". I'm not sure he grasps the gravity of tonight's performance.
link to presser? google is not delivering

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Midfield is so overrated. Mundy is 34 ffs, and yet he’s our second best.
Where’s Blakely, Cerra and Brayshaw? Playing at freaking half back or forward. Logue going forward and Blakely is on darling?! Wtf. Hughes played on him last time, and actually dominated him.
The selections were so bizarre. Crowden comes in as reward. To play at HFF. Where Banfield played. So no change there.
Cerra gifted a spot. And gets burned by Ryan/Rioli. Nyhuis is at Peel.

Utter pathetic. Sad sad week we’ve have. Nearly the worst 7 days supporting Freo I can remember. 7 straight awful quarters.

The scoreline is brutal but 60 inside 50s suggests things are much better than they appear. 27 scoring shots to21. Without Hogan and Taberner you lose structure up forward entirely, as we would without Darling and Kennedy. And the Eagles are the worst team in the comp to come up against without your 2 best key forwards.

One of the commentators said ideally you’d have 2 Michael Walters: one to play on ball and one up forward. Next year you’ll have something resembling that in Liam Henry.

To me the most concerning thing at the moment is that Cerra and Brayshaw appear to be stalling in their development. But maybe it’s just that their bodies aren’t ready to play the positions you need them to play.
We’re gifting games to teenagers/young men. That’s the problem with the rebuild stage. It’s sad, the second year blues clearly got them locked down.
Cerra isn’t a HB, nor is Brayshaw a HFF. But the directive is to pump games in them.

Positive? McCarthy tried. A guy that’s playing with his career on the line. Where’s the rest of the 21? Hill is just licking his lips. Either he’s contracted end of 2021. Or he’s going to Victoria with the same sort of money with his GF. What a win/win for him.

Blakely marking Darling while Logue went forward was incomprehensible.
Cerra went forward when the game was gone - didn’t even get a crack at a go in the guts??
$10,000 says if this club had nuts and sacked Ross, that the caretaker coach/next coach would instantly, INSTANTLY put Cerra in the middle

Midfield is so overrated. Mundy is 34 ffs, and yet he’s our second best.
Where’s Blakely, Cerra and Brayshaw? Playing at freaking half back or forward. Logue going forward and Blakely is on darling?! Wtf. Hughes played on him last time, and actually dominated him.
The selections were so bizarre. Crowden comes in as reward. To play at HFF. Where Banfield played. So no change there.
Cerra gifted a spot. And gets burned by Ryan/Rioli. Nyhuis is at Peel.

Utter pathetic. Sad sad week we’ve have. Nearly the worst 7 days supporting Freo I can remember. 7 straight awful quarters.
Blakely was shocking in the back line, his dropped mark at the start of the second quarter was the start of the big run on.

Moving right along ....again....a few major injuries to key players and we fall away...no depth. Already looking at how we can get three picks in the top 20 (two but need to cover for Liam Henry).
We need picks in the KPP area. Why the hell didn’t we get Naughton, when he was playing for Peel?
Every club seems to have KPP depth. Adelaide, West Coast, geelong even.
We have a Pearce injured and the defence is in tatters. Tabs injured and the attack in tatters.
I don’t buy that. It’s a depth issue. Should have players ready to go in that area.
West coast - Barrass come in for Schofield who has been useful. Oscar Allen plays Kennedy’s role. Our rucks/talls are embarrassingly bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back