Review Two goals in a derby, it's over - Rd 16, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Season over.
Need a stoppage plan. Maybe a stoppage coach.

Eagles played us perfectly. Give us the kick on the sideways and the block 40m up the ground and the corridor, we will then kick long to intercept.

Absolutely gutted. Season over.

Now I have to wear his damn premiership medal to bed so thanks a lot dockers.
I'd pin it to my bottom 1/2 near my bum. Boxers 4 me. Not sure of your sleeping attire

In the semi-annual Kick It To McGovern match, we were exceptionally poor.

Natanui - smashed it.

Mids - worst performance of the year

Skills - said it all year, they are awful.

A tip for the coaches, teams that don’t make McGovern and Hurn accountable and bomb it high in their area don’t beat the Eagles. No redeeming qualities or positives out of that.

U should be thanking us, if it wasn’t for WC, WA footy would be a laughing stock and u all know it.

Ban me all u like
Seeing Gaff and Natunui in tears after the grand final last year was funny and a good laugh.

Seeing cousins, fletcher and Chick with their lives a mess isn’t a laugh. Just sad.

You coming into our board and posting that is a mixture of funny and sad.

ever since Bolton got sacked we’ve been putrid is RTB trying to get sacked so he doesn’t look like a dog when he leaves
We have a young list but falling of a cliff like Gold Coast mid year in year 4 of our resurgence is inexcusable
I was a Ross supporter up until this point now his time is up his to arrogant to change.
You’d think after handing Brian lake a norm smith and the ensuing decline that he would study new leading platterns maybe invest sometime in to soccer for wall breaking movements but the same s**t .
He finds no faults in his own game plans he just wants the players to work harder for longer until they break down
Sack him the talent is there I love the players they deserve better.

I don’t live in wa but i feel for those who do weagles supporters seem weird they seem more interested with interaction with the heel then enjoying the success of the face.
After gf success I would be at peace with the world and just happy to be involved with the game we love.
I’m constantly surprised by freo s**t canning threads started by eagles supporters.
The only time an eagles thought is created is gameday of a derby
Maybe I’m missing something?
Sending my love and support to all dockers in the week ahead

U should be thanking us, if it wasn’t for WC, WA footy would be a laughing stock and u all know it.

Ban me all u like

You should be thanking your team too. So you can live vicariously through them to taste some success. Because outside of footy, I doubt you'd taste a drop.

Wc were kicking em from all angles last night. They took all there chances. They got a few soft ones but they always do.
Our spread / fwd movement in the first quarter was good but our delivery was woeful ( im looking at u ed).
By the second quarter they set up the wall and locked it in there fwd line.
In the second half it was much of the same except we were getting it fwd to there defenders each and every time. It was just hazard ball.
Agree the match ups sucked baaad.
I mean who plays cerra on gov in the second half wen cerra gets outbodied by liam ryan for the first goal of the game? I guess he less of a liability fwd?
Blakely was a liability too. He tried to play off his opponent in the first half but got burnt to the ball evertime. The eagles are too good at getting goalside and his waay too slow.
And wats happened with our stoppages the last month i cant work it out???

Everyone bar hambling got comprehensively beaten imho. Im yet to watch the replay not sure if i will yet.

Mid season I honestly thought Lyon had done enough to finish this year and probably have a go next year, these last 3 weeks have some how managed to cancel out all the good things we did in the first half of the year. Even this eagles loss could be accepted in isolation, they are cooking now and probably gonig ot another grand final, but this after losing to the bottom two teams in the league, literally two basket cases, has undone great wins against collingwood and gws. They are basically meaningless when this 3 game stretch has exposed our underbelly so completely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The worst part is how much enjoyment we gave the Toast supporters; an absolute comedy show for them and it’s easy to see why.
Its humiliating isn't it. One of my melts has been quoted on the West Coast thread as comedy gold... I mean WTF goes trawling through the opposition board looking for supporters tears to feed on?? These smug front runners sit there applauding Andrew Gaff as if he performs life saving surgery on children for a hobby and instead of smashing them into oblivion we give them boundless ammunition by serving up insipid garbage.

Wc were kicking em from all angles last night. They took all there chances. They got a few soft ones but they always do.
Our spread / fwd movement in the first quarter was good but our delivery was woeful ( im looking at u ed).
By the second quarter they set up the wall and locked it in there fwd line.
In the second half it was much of the same except we were getting it fwd to there defenders each and every time. It was just hazard ball.
Agree the match ups sucked baaad.
I mean who plays cerra on gov in the second half wen cerra gets outbodied by liam ryan for the first goal of the game? I guess he less of a liability fwd?
Blakely was a liability too. He tried to play off his opponent in the first half but got burnt to the ball evertime. The eagles are too good at getting goalside and his waay too slow.
And wats happened with our stoppages the last month i cant work it out???

Everyone bar hambling got comprehensively beaten imho. Im yet to watch the replay not sure if i will yet.

Cerra is being shuffled around because he is spuding it up all over the field. He gives up as well, so concerning.

Brayshaw looks to have stopped growing, if he stays that size hes ****ed, has a lion heart but is a pretty tiny guy.

Crowden tried hard and probably deserves another week in but is most likely WAFL tier forever.

Logue took a step back, garbage.

Ed Langdon can get traded, his kicking in the first 5 mins set the scene for this massacre.

Switta isnt going to make it.

Mundy cooked.

Hughes is a player ive seen many times for Freo, some guy that does some stuff you barely notice then blows a big moment a couple of times a game in tough ones where hes forced to actually play football.

Tucker might be ok.

Sandi cooked.

Colyer is done.

Lobb needs a rest, hes over it, put him on holiday. maybe Fyfe as well.

Try Wilson on a wing, he needs a change.

Only watched the start of the game as had to go out but you could see the problems from the first bounce and things never improved.

Langdon butchering 2 forward thrusts in the early stages of the game, then in another through the corridor Fyfe hand balling to Hill who had a man chasing him down already.

Rioli or Ryan? easily beating Cherra to mark in front of goals in one on one.

We played a game of frantic and jittery hot potato while eagles calmly and confidentiality executed a premiership winning game plan.

Season was close to done when we lost to bottom dwelling Melbourne and confirmed with the home loss to Carlton. We won't be back in the 8 and won't be winning many/any more games.

Last edited:
There are some seriously good melts here.

And worth it.

We suck. Oh well. Back to being a laughing stock at work and no pride in our performance.

I wish we were better, but we're not.

Good luck guys, signing of for a while.

I care and they don't.

Wont win another game this year, n it will be hard to justify paying another 1500 for two memberships next year especially if Ross is coach, we've been through enough its like why did we pay 250$ for an unenjoyable experience.

Ross Lyon has to go we are not going forward with the list we have a pass mark is finals no excuses.
There is a coach who coached the under eighteens to the national champions and won it on Friday at Marvel stadium , it just proves he can develop the youth that person is Peter Sumich

Remove this Banner Ad

Back