News Two more changes: Saunders (fitness) gone, Hurley New Football Operations Manager ...

Remove this Banner Ad

MRB37

Brownlow Medallist
May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
So apparently this is not a replacement for Harper, but a consolidated role due to the Football Operation Coordinator and the Football Operations Assistant retiring.

King Elvis

Hall of Famer
Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thank fu** Saunders is gone, another part of the Burton bullshit getting the clear out.

Saunders and Kangatech have been as damaging to this club as collective minds so glad to see us put it behind us.
I agree with you on most things mate, but you’re way off the mark here.

Scorpus

Sack Them All
Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
So apparently this is not a replacement for Harper, but a consolidated role due to the Football Operation Coordinator and the Football Operations Assistant retiring.
So wait. We previously had all of:

Director of Football
Head of Football
GM Football Operations
Football Operation Coordinator
Football Operations Assistant

That's a fair few upper managers involved with a department that was utter sh*t for the last 3 years

Vhaluus

Brownlow Medallist
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

Director of Football
Head of Football
GM Football Operations

That's a fair few upper managers involved with a department that was utter sh*t for the last 3 years
My experience is that having too many managers compared to employees correlates quite strongly with being sh*t. Weather that is a cause of the shitness or just another symptom I'm not sure, I suspect a little of both.

MRB37

Brownlow Medallist
May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg

Director of Football
Head of Football
GM Football Operations

In my limited experience it's easy for companies to get bloated with middle management, especially when things are going poorly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jackster83

Rat in a cage
Jul 31, 2007
the inside
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sin City Swamprats, Dethklok

Director of Football
Head of Football
GM Football Operations

No wonder we had to have a bargain basement coaching department.

James_37

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
In my limited experience it's easy for companies to get bloated with middle management, especially when things are going poorly.
It’s what happens when you have poor existing upper/middle management. You end up promoting people into new positions to cover those currently not coping in the role.

CrowBloke

Norm Smith Medallist
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide/ Team BARTY!
Can we get rid of this moron as well, please.
Actually, Smarty is a smartie, literally; extremely intelligent and has an MBA.
I'm not saying he's done a great job, in fact I just don't know, but "moron", he ain't.

Thetrader15

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
It’s what happens when you have poor existing upper/middle management. You end up promoting people into new positions to cover those currently not coping in the role.
Only poor senior managers do this. That's where the problem is, they are the ones setting the org structure and recruiting

CrowsB4hoes

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Actually, Smarty is a smartie, literally; extremely intelligent and has an MBA.
I'm not saying he's done a great job, in fact I just don't know, but "moron", he ain't.
Does an MBA have a module on switching to your burner account when trying to flirt with girls half your age on twitter?

Remove this Banner Ad