News Two more changes: Saunders (fitness) gone, Hurley New Football Operations Manager ...

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I'd love to know just how many staff we actually have. Feels a bit like the AFL organisation - far too many snouts in the trough making themselves look busy.
Worth remembering we did sack a fair few.

So apparently this is not a replacement for Harper, but a consolidated role due to the Football Operation Coordinator and the Football Operations Assistant retiring.

So wait. We previously had all of:

Director of Football
Head of Football
GM Football Operations
Football Operation Coordinator
Football Operations Assistant

That's a fair few upper managers involved with a department that was utter s**t for the last 3 years

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

Director of Football
Head of Football
GM Football Operations

That's a fair few upper managers involved with a department that was utter sh*t for the last 3 years

My experience is that having too many managers compared to employees correlates quite strongly with being s**t. Weather that is a cause of the shitness or just another symptom I'm not sure, I suspect a little of both.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg

Director of Football
Head of Football
GM Football Operations

That's a fair few upper managers involved with a department that was utter sh*t for the last 3 years
In my limited experience it's easy for companies to get bloated with middle management, especially when things are going poorly.

Director of Football
Head of Football
GM Football Operations

No wonder we had to have a bargain basement coaching department.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Can we get rid of this moron as well, please.

They're just shifting Smart into a non football role, where he can look after an esports division with 0 realistic expectation of it ever being profitable.

Sep 19, 2007
The Pub
AFL Club
Adelaide
In my limited experience it's easy for companies to get bloated with middle management, especially when things are going poorly.

It’s what happens when you have poor existing upper/middle management. You end up promoting people into new positions to cover those currently not coping in the role.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
It’s what happens when you have poor existing upper/middle management. You end up promoting people into new positions to cover those currently not coping in the role.
Only poor senior managers do this. That's where the problem is, they are the ones setting the org structure and recruiting

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Actually, Smarty is a smartie, literally; extremely intelligent and has an MBA.
I'm not saying he's done a great job, in fact I just don't know, but "moron", he ain't.
You don't need to be that smart to have a MBA, just be dedicated to the study.

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Actually, Smarty is a smartie, literally; extremely intelligent and has an MBA.
I'm not saying he's done a great job, in fact I just don't know, but "moron", he ain't.
Does an MBA have a module on switching to your burner account when trying to flirt with girls half your age on twitter?

Back