News Two more changes: Saunders (fitness) gone, Hurley New Football Operations Manager ...

Remove this Banner Ad

dani_giuls

All Australian
Apr 17, 2010
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Actually, Smarty is a smartie, literally; extremely intelligent and has an MBA.
I'm not saying he's done a great job, in fact I just don't know, but "moron", he ain't.

Haha I have an honours degree and a Masters, I left my car unlocked for ~4 hrs today with my bag inside. Degrees can be deceiving🤣🤣

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Worth remembering we did sack a fair few.

And we managed to field a team still. Even booked those flights and accommodation and made it to away games. I'm not saying we're Robinson Crusoe, but there's no doubt there's been a lot of over-resourcing of clubs and the league itself. This would be Harper.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

Wasn't someone here claiming we didn't sack Saunders, North Melbourne just offered him a blank cheque to come back?

Given there's no announcement of him going back to North and Geelong are sniffing I think it's safe to say that it's BS and we did actually let him go.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Wasn't someone here claiming we didn't sack Saunders, North Melbourne just offered him a blank cheque to come back?

Given there's no announcement of him going back to North and Geelong are sniffing I think it's safe to say that it's BS and we did actually let him go.
9 years ago, to entice him over to North. Not last week to entice back. You can put the spoon back on the bench now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood

Wasn't there a theory Saunders had to come to us to save the reputation of KangerTech or have I got that wrong?

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Wasn't there a theory Saunders had to come to us to save the reputation of KangerTech or have I got that wrong?
The rumour was that Hass & Burton bungled the implementation of Kanga-tech during 2018. Saunders was brought in to correct what they were doing. Depending on how you look at it, you could say that Saunders came in to save Kanga-Tech's reputation.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
The rumour was that Hass & Burton bungled the implementation of Kanga-tech during 2018. Saunders was brought in to correct what they were doing. Depending on how you look at it, you could say that Saunders came in to save Kanga-Tech's reputation.
My understanding was that they brought in the equipment, but chose not to use the accompanying software package. The club was using the equipment with old spreadsheet data that was set up by Poulos (?).

Bear in mind the software package is an additional financial cost

Crow Envy

Cancelled
Dec 2, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
If we don’t land Burgess what’s plan B? Saunders gone, Hass solo? No ******* way is that acceptable

Crow Envy

Cancelled
Dec 2, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Kelly said on 5aa that Burgess is quality and they’d be interested if he was available.

Asked about Saunders said he’s going on to other opportunities, then made a comment we had work to do to replace him. Sounded like it wasn’t our call.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Kelly said on 5aa that Burgess is quality and they’d be interested if he was available.

Asked about Saunders said he’s going on to other opportunities, then made a comment we had work to do to replace him. Sounded like it wasn’t our call.

Just like how Hart chose to move back to Melbourne for family.

How Hass can survive the purges of 2019 and 2020 is beyond me. He should have been the first guy on the chopping block.

I can only guess he was already contracted for 2021. After our coaches bemoaned our lack of fitness all year and we suffered a raft of hamstring injuries for the second time in three years, it just doesn't make sense to keep him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back