News Two more changes: Saunders (fitness) gone, Hurley New Football Operations Manager ...

Remove this Banner Ad

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Sam Jacobs - Executive Engagement Officer

Are you ******* kidding me? Chappies last jobs for his boy?

Dont we have a leadership manager? Dont we have a Members Rep on the Board?

WTF does an EEO do? Make sure the LoL nerds have enough Mars Bars?
Who did he replace?

Is this an actual thing, or was that poster earlier today just having a laugh?

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

Are you ******* kidding me? Chappies last jobs for his boy?

Dont we have a leadership manager? Dont we have a Members Rep on the Board?

WTF does an EEO do? Make sure the LoL nerds have enough Mars Bars?

The thing that really gets me about this is it's rewarding a completely disloyal Jacobs.

His attitude when he was in the SANFL come finals time combined with his jumping ship to the Giants shows he has no loyalty to the club.

If we're going to put an ex player in one of these nothing jobs I'd actually rather it was someone like David Mackay.

Crow Envy

Cancelled
Dec 2, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
The thing that really gets me about this is it's rewarding a completely disloyal Jacobs.

His attitude when he was in the SANFL come finals time combined with his jumping ship to the Giants shows he has no loyalty to the club.

If we're going to put an ex player in one of these nothing jobs I'd actually rather it was someone like David Mackay.
And his attitude to not getting a game.

Andy Otten would have been the one if he’s still here.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
And his attitude to not getting a game.

Andy Otten would have been the one if he’s still here.
Hawthorn I think.

And yeah whilst this is a good place for a boys club appt, Sauce isn't that guy. I get that he's quite personable, and he may love the club..... But his actions last year didn't fit with that profile.

Hawthorn I think.

And yeah whilst this is a good place for a boys club appt, Sauce isn't that guy. I get that he's quite personable, and he may love the club..... But his actions last year didn't fit with that profile.

He did help us get a better draft pick with his performances with GWS though.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Hawthorn I think.

Sauce was incredibly selfish towards the end of his time - which was really disappointing from a guy that was considered a great club man.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Hawthorn I think.

Didn't Andy get let go by the Hawks due to Covid and no VFL?

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don’t mind Jacobs getting the role. I think it’s similar to what Robran used to do in that it’s all about engaging with corporates. Robrans use by date has probably passed and Jacobs is as good as anyone to be reeled into a sponsors event to shmooz and get in a few selfies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Hawthorn I think.

No one outside of a dozen posters on this board think that.

He is a recognisable recent club champion, which is exactly the type that execs want to swan around with on Matchday.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Had no problem with Jacobs not playing reserves

He was going to a new club. He was no longer our player. Had no contract at that stage either so an injury was career over. Expecting him to suit up is ridiculous and clearly we didn't.

Ruck Strachan or whoever instead, who's actually going to be here.

No benefit to us or Jacobs of him playing

On an importance scale of 1-10, reserves premierships are negative 6 billion

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

He was going to a new club. He was no longer our player. Had no contract at that stage either so an injury was career over. Expecting him to suit up is ridiculous and clearly we didn't.

He did have a contract. With us. to the end of the year.

If he didn't want to live up to the contract he should have handed the money back and retired.

Without retiring he was contractually obligated to play wherever we damn well wanted.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt

He's also an unsightly ranga. Who wants to engage with that?

I couldn't be less excited about his return to the club.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

It's not reserves, it's the SANFL.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt

It wasn't about playing SANFL as such, it was his hissy fit at not getting his spot back immediately

dani_giuls

All Australian
Apr 17, 2010
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
He's also an unsightly ranga. Who wants to engage with that?

I couldn't be less excited about his return to the club.

Probably more unhappy about Scott Thompson coming back then Sam Jacobs tbh..

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Probably more unhappy about Scott Thompson coming back then Sam Jacobs tbh..
Yep. Jacobs has one blemish against his record with ditching the reserves for that final. Thompson went and coached at Port. I know what I think is worse. We're going to need to thoroughly delouse Thommo before they allow him back inside the walls.

Thommo working a part time role with the womens team isn't so bad. I thought he might be replacing Younie and I wouldn't be keen on that.

Last edited:
May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
He did have a contract. With us. to the end of the year.
Why didn't Bock suit up late in the season he left? Why didn't Gibbs keep training after the his farewell game this season?

If he didn't want to live up to the contract he should have handed the money back and retired.
What money? Our season had finished. You'd quibble over some post-season reserves money with a club 180 gamer that you were farewelling on good terms?

Without retiring he was contractually obligated to play wherever we damn well wanted.
He did exactly what we wanted and he wanted. His playing career with us was over.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
It's not reserves, it's the SANFL.
Where we're concerned, it's reserves.
It wasn't about playing SANFL as such, it was his hissy fit at not getting his spot back immediately
What hissy fit?

Jurgen Klopp responds to Liverpool star Mohamed Salah’s angry reaction at being subbed off during Brighton draw

The Liverpool manager said: "The day when Mohamed Salah is smiling when he leaves the pitch, something is really wrong."

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why didn't Bock suit up late in the season he left? Why didn't Gibbs keep training after the his farewell game this season?

Because they're self entitled as well? difference is that we didn't reward Bock or Gibbs for it with cushy jobs for the boys.

Back