Sydney
Turning on the Radio and popping over to the Carlton Board

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Mar 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Patriots & UConn
A win that came from intensity and application I think. Don’t think we played phenomenally by any means, some poor structure and some poor mistakes - but they showed a mentality to dig in and not give up when they were on top.

It’s a good start to salvaging something from the season.

Blakey BOG?

Finally a win to be proud of!

Structually we looked a lot better with Melican and Wicks in. But how good was our rebound! Made up for the issues in the air and at the coalface.

A win that came from intensity and application I think. Don’t think we played phenomenally by any means, some poor structure and some poor mistakes - but they showed a mentality to dig in and not give up when they were on top.

It’s a good start to salvaging something from the season.

Blakey BOG?
Yeah, I do think a better team probably gets us, but still effort is all a team can ask for. And we delivered that in spades. Our best effort since Gather Round, I think.

MF

Good Poster, s**t Bloke
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Don't care how we get our wins at the moment, just as long as we get them. Pretty good effort across 4 quarters. I'm not naive enough to think that effort would have beaten many teams in the comp but in our current situation you take what you can get.

Good signs from from some players who have been down this year in Heeney and Papley. Great pressure from Wicks. Blakey and Fox both amazing. Good games from McLean, Francis and McInerney too.

bloodsbigot

Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Don't care how we get our wins at the moment, just as long as we get them. Pretty good effort across 4 quarters. I'm not naive enough to think that effort would have beaten many teams in the comp but in our current situation you take what you can get.

Good signs from from some players who have been down this year in Heeney and Papley. Great pressure from Wicks. Blakey and Fox both amazing. Good games from McLean, Francis and McInerney too.
Just keep grinding out wins until we get synergy back to the team and get some of our players back and I reckon our season ain't over yet.

Bugger the naysayers.

GoTheSwannies

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I put my hand up, I didn't see this win coming.

The win came off the back of many players rediscovering some of their best form and everyone cracking in for 4 quarters.

Props to the coaches who made some adjustments to the gameplan and positions and really gave the team a different look and feel.

Heeney in the mids worked like magic. Maybe this is finally the start of Heeney being used across the ground and injected where he's needed most.

Back