Autopsy Two on the trot Swans 77 def Carlton 51

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
The real reason why Blakey didn't get BOG

Ignoring the fact that the other two voters gave Warner 3 votes as well.

So even if Rugari gave Blakey 3 votes, Warner still wins if Rugari gives Warner votes which would seem likely he would do as he gave him 3 votes as well.

So sure pot the bloke for not giving Blakey any votes, but it didn't cost him the medal in the end

J_Moore

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 8, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
"sorry I couldn't watch a quarter of the match"

What sort of reason is that?

Journos never properly watch the end of matches, they’re desperately trying to write copy in time for the deadline - used to be only an issue for night games with the print deadline, but now the expectation is match reports will be up almost instantaneously.
It’s why the closing stages of the game are always treated so briefly in the copy, whereas analysis of the first half is more detailed.

As an aside, I sat behind the journos at the Australian Open thus year. Watched one diligent junior reporter typing away the whole match. The old bloke next to him opened up his laptop in the penultimate game, opened a word doc with a pre-written article, opened up the stats page on the Aus Open website, cut and pasted a few stats, then fired off an opening and closing line. Lmao.

Who cares about medals? Three people watching the exact same game nearly a million other people are watching come to their own conclusion as to who is BOG and suddenly that is supposed to mean something or hold any weight? I'll pass.

On another note I hope Hewett is okay. The guy had about three separate head knocks in the span of about 90 seconds.

Ease up. Rugari's OK. At least he publicly admitted he made a mistake. And ultimately, is this medal something worth talking about? Warner, Blakey, who cares???

We have two weeks to fill

Who cares about medals? Three people watching the exact same game nearly a million other people are watching come to their own conclusion as to who is BOG and suddenly that is supposed to mean something or hold any weight? I'll pass.

On another note I hope Hewett is okay. The guy had about three separate head knocks in the span of about 90 seconds.

He went to Carlton voluntarily, I think he was always a concern

Not sure what that has to do with hoping he's okay Kingy

Nothing much, literally on the toilet with my phone.

I hope he is ok from the knocks , heck hope Cripps is ok,

My flippant thought was Hewett was never ok if he went to the blues by choice so how do you tell

Nothing much, literally on the toilet with my phone.

I hope he is ok from the knocks , heck hope Cripps is ok,

My flippant thought was Hewett was never ok if he went to the blues by choice so how do you tell
No wonder your posts have been s**t

Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Journos never properly watch the end of matches, they’re desperately trying to write copy in time for the deadline - used to be only an issue for night games with the print deadline, but now the expectation is match reports will be up almost instantaneously.
It’s why the closing stages of the game are always treated so briefly in the copy, whereas analysis of the first half is more detailed.

As an aside, I sat behind the journos at the Australian Open thus year. Watched one diligent junior reporter typing away the whole match. The old bloke next to him opened up his laptop in the penultimate game, opened a word doc with a pre-written article, opened up the stats page on the Aus Open website, cut and pasted a few stats, then fired off an opening and closing line. Lmao.
Sounds like a good gig. Get paid to watch a game and just need to insert a nice copy paste of an article

Back