News Two Tigers test positive to COVID-19

Remove this Banner Ad

I somehow avoided chicken pox as a kid, had a test that said I’d previously had it and didn’t need the vax. Caught it at about 20 years of age and thought I was going to die I was so unwell. Wouldn’t wish it on my own worst enemy, not even Tigerbob
You needed Pinetarsol , horrendous smell but great relief

Rapid Antigen Tests are approx $10 a pop retail and I'm sure AFL clubs could arrange a better deal on them in bulk. Can be done at home or work in 10-15 minutes and definitely don't need qualified people to administer them.

I've done half a dozen now through work after being a close contact (a few weeks back).

Surprised these aren't made free to the public in Aus. Here in the UK, high school kids need to have them twice a week, as do many businesses. As a family we regularly have them before we see elderly relatives. They're not perfect, but a good baseline and then you head off for a proper lab test if you test positive or still have reason to believe that your home test might have been incorrect. Just roll up to a pharmacy and ask for some.

Need this level of easy-access testing to enable society to open up again. Rules here now are close contacts just get tested rather than go straight into isolation, which can be frustrating when you can almost guarantee a child whose brother has it will pick it up a few days later, but after one or two negative tests and they keep attending school in the meantime. 'Most' kids come through fine, but have seen a few get really knocked around by it.

So depending upon what the state rules are once the season kicks off again, I'd expect anyone who tests positive to sit out, with close contacts to be tested and only to isolate with a positive test. You don't need to be any more extreme if double vaccination is mandated.

Surprised these aren't made free to the public in Aus. Here in the UK, high school kids need to have them twice a week, as do many businesses. As a family we regularly have them before we see elderly relatives. They're not perfect, but a good baseline and then you head off for a proper lab test if you test positive or still have reason to believe that your home test might have been incorrect. Just roll up to a pharmacy and ask for some.

Need this level of easy-access testing to enable society to open up again. Rules here now are close contacts just get tested rather than go straight into isolation, which can be frustrating when you can almost guarantee a child whose brother has it will pick it up a few days later, but after one or two negative tests and they keep attending school in the meantime. 'Most' kids come through fine, but have seen a few get really knocked around by it.

So depending upon what the state rules are once the season kicks off again, I'd expect anyone who tests positive to sit out, with close contacts to be tested and only to isolate with a positive test. You don't need to be any more extreme if double vaccination is mandated.
Follow the money

Remove this Banner Ad

Back