Current Two Young Teens Dead In Targeted Shooting - NW Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

A boy and girl, described by police as "young teenagers" were killed in the incident while a woman in her 30s, who police believe to be their mother, turned up at the scene shortly after police arrived.

Ryde police were now working with the homicide squad and had identified a person of interest.

"At this stage the person of interest we are looking for is still at large, but we believe this to be a targeted incident and there are no risks to the community at this time."

NSW Ambulance Inspector Kevin McSweeney said when paramedics arrived at the scene they were confronted with "an extremely distressing and stressful situation".

He said the two teenagers were discovered dead in their bedroom and there was nothing that could be done to help them.

May be DV related ... so cruel.

Reported now that the person suspected has been found dead.

If that's the case then it saves me from hoping the person fries for it.

I would think that for me, killing your teenaged kids (if that's the case here) is almost as bad as it gets aside from long term continued physical abuse of a toddler. With the really young ones as bad as it is there probably isn't the awareness / consciousness of exactly what's happening. A teenager although not perhaps believing it, would know exactly what was going on, particularly in this instance as you'd have to obviously kill one before the other.

Confirmed that the killer was their 68 year old father. That would have made him 53 and 55 years old when the kids were born.

There was a custody battle going on and the killings were premeditated.

Mr McFadden said there were no current AVOs in place and the father did not live at the West Pennant Hills home and he had been living at the Normanhurst home where he was found dead.

Mr McFadden said the family had been involved in a custody dispute that was in the courts over the past two years and the man and woman had been in a long-term relationship.

He said over an extended period of time the 68-year-old was known to police but there had been no recent interactions with him.

Mr McFadden said children were subject to a “horrific homicide” and the murder was a “planned activity”.

The mother is originally from Russia and works as a lawyer, residents said.

He lawfully obtained two handguns earlier. Why would he have been allowed the guns whilst in the middle of a custody battle I would ask?

For me, that's a failing in the system.

He lawfully obtained two handguns earlier. Why would he have been allowed the guns whilst in the middle of a custody battle I would ask?

For me, that's a failing in the system.

There were no AVO's. NSW and Vic I think (not sure on the other states) soon as an AVO goes on, guns have to be handed in.

He lawfully obtained two handguns earlier.

Interested to know if he was a paid up member of a gun club. Lot of conditions and it's expensive not just to buy handguns but to comply with regs and maintain. Not sure, don't the cops have to go in for inspection to make sure they're stored correctly? Or produce receipts for lockers ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back