Lucev23

Josh Kennedy is My Dad
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Hey guys,

As it looks like these competitions could be around for quite some time, I decided to start a thread to give you guys the chance to discuss and suggest ideas for new competitions, and also to suggest any ways you think we can improve these competitions.

Myself and Adam from Teamworks Performance have got a few ideas in mind but would to here some from you guys.

It doesn't have to only be footy related as Teamworks produces a huge range of different sports gear and I'm sure they would love to show them off.

Fire away.

newteamworks.png

Re: Teamworks Performance Competitions Feedback & Suggestions

One that I think will be popular would be "redesign a jumper for your local team", which I think was suggested by someone else as well.

The only other one I can think of is doing a "blackout" version of any team's jumpers, or "greenout" (for St. Patrick's Day :p), etc.

cricket?

'Themed' Jumpers, where you re create any teams guernsey while sticking to a theme -Blackout, -Heritage.
Mascot/Logo themed jumper, create your own mascot or logo and it is the majority of the jumper. Many of today's clashes are large cartoon mascots so creating your own mascot or logo and have it dominate on the jumper.
Clashes. or Mergers. Two teams become one.
Local team guernsey is a good one too I would love to do that.
You could also do sporting crossovers, where eg. Richmond became a netball/soccer/hockey team and you need to design them a new kit in the new sport. Or opposite way, take a soccer team and turn them into a footy team.

I will have more I am sure, my favourites in BOLD.

The next few will include a cricket one, some sports crossovers and also footy short designs where you win a custom jumper.

I personally like the idea of a pink jumper for breast cancer.

The next few will include a cricket one, some sports crossovers and also footy short designs where you win a custom jumper.

I personally like the idea of a pink jumper for breast cancer.

I see you got that message i sent you! ;)

I might email breast cancer foundation and ask for permission to use their logo.

How about a Flood Relief jumper with proceeds from sales going to the flood victims?

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: for Breast Cancer Awareness jumper.

Themes based on some of AFL's theme rounds would be interesting: Green Round, Women's Round (see above), Heritage Round.
Suggestions came up for a VFL comp... instead, why not design a proposed Reserves strip for an AFL team. This could double as a clash strip for an AFL team... depends on how different it is. Just a thought.
Blackout jumper - definitely good idea.

Cricket shirt comp would be WICKED COOL :cool: Especially with the World Cup coming soon! But a general "design any cricket top" would be fantastic too.

CAB12 - Richmond IS a netball team.

+1 for redesigning your local clubs jumper, or even a one off promo sorta thing to represent something. For example my local club, Morphett Vale FC, are 5 Premierships in the last 7 seasons having lost in the GF in 2008 and in the Prelim in 2010 and I reckon I could design something to celebrate that.

...and +1 for the breast cancer awareness theme.

I think an aboriginal all star jumper comp would be good too.

Yes at the all star jumper. I already deigned a warm up top for them. Great ideas here fellas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funnily enough, i saw a K-Rock jumper the oher day i was prety impressed with it (made by teamworks).

Immidiately thought of a "Create a radio or media outlet Guernsey":thumbsu:

re-introduce the ability for the winner to get whatever they want made up

(although that will never effect me :p)
Won't be happening.

I want to see more of the physical jumpers made my Teamworks. Like the K Rock mentioned. Its good too see the physical jumper and how they turn out.

Aha yeah sorry said it wrong, photos of the actualy jumper... maybe that makes more sense.

A questions and answers thread.

Cos, although ive been lurking these forums for three years, but only occasionally posted, is still consider myself new around here

and i have a lot of questions that need to be asked. So why not a thread where the OP is the most common questions so i can know some of these things.

Now with the questions i have to ask, yes ive said i have been around a while, and will probably ask. but if there is a hread for new/newer people to look at to help them along hier way and stop the same people asking the same questions to the same people over and over.

However if there is such thread my mistake. did do a search first. must not have been looking hard enough.

Any more info from any of the main crew around here, im happy to supply said questions.

and possibly doesnt have to be a teamworks only thread, can be for general jumper making.

Nah I know that, thers only two there...
I meant more of the general stuff they do. And that K Rock one is different so wuld be interesting thanks Kerr anyway.

Because you win a copy of the winning design. If you want your ochre jumper so badly get a job and pay the $45 :thumbsu:

Some more,
I like celebration games, or milestones maybe.
- Design a jumper on a players milestone?
- Or AFL 150 years, although last year...
- A team's ???th year in the comp
- Club Games Record Jumpers/Goalkicking Records
- Player retiring jumper...
- Something like the Hawks NZ/Kokoda, maybe a team merges with a country... or team jumer for thier pre season trip. ie Collingwood / Arizona

Remove this Banner Ad

Back